- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
Lou Williams Shows Love to Dion Waiters After Epic Return Game
- Updated: January 26, 2020
The Clippers took the game from the Heat with a 122-117 win, but Williams was quick to acknowledge Waiters with a post on his Instagram story.
Waiters scored 14 points on 5-of-12 shooting from the field including 4-of-9 from 3-point range. In 18 minutes of playing time, he also added four rebounds, one assist and two blocks.
The Heat went on a 24-9 run after being down by 18 points with 8:34 left in the game. A 3-pointer by Waiters got them within three points with only 34 seconds to play.
Unfortunately for Miami, that was the closest it could get before the Clippers pulled away with a five-point victory.
Miami was missing the services of guards Kendrick Nunn (left Achilles soreness) and Goran Dragic (sore left calf). With only 10 players available, coach Erik Spoelstra inserted Waiters to give them boost against one of the best teams in the league.
Waiters played his first game this season after being suspended by the Heat organization three times for an assortment of behavioral issues. He was reinstated on Dec. 24 following a six-game suspension.