- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
Local Artist Creates Epic Kobe Bryant Mural in Miami
- Updated: January 29, 2020
Fans all over the world are making efforts to honor the memory of Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant.
Artist Ryan “Arcy” Christenson has taken to the streets of Miami to show his respects to the late NBA star.
Christenson is spending the week leading up to the Super Bowl in Miami working for the “Dan Patrick Show.”
While Christenson initially planned on spending the week painting Miami figures, Bryant’s death this past weekend forced a quick change of course.
“The night it happened … they were like we need you to work a miracle for us,” he said.
Christenson went on to say that people immediately recognized what he was working on.
“You can tell people need this,” he said. “The more good energy that’s being spread out across the globe during times of grief, it uplifts people.”
He added that while the image is largely dedicated to Bryant, he made sure to honor Bryant’s daughter, Gianna, who also perished in the tragic helicopter crash.
“I put in a butterfly, a small butterfly … that is to symbolize Kobe’s daughter, who we also lost and we have to pay homage to her as well,” he said.
Certainly, Christenson hoped that he was painting Bryant under different circumstances.
Still, it is fantastic to see him offering his talents to honor the memory of the basketball icon and his young daughter.