- Report: Ben Simmons Has Been Training With Dwyane Wade in Los Angeles
- Report: Udonis Haslem Joins LeBron James in Fight Against Black Voter Suppression
- Report: Miami Heat Interested in Acquiring Denver Nuggets’ Paul Millsap This Summer
- Meyers Leonard Fires NSFW Shot at NASCAR Driver for Quitting Because of Confederate Flag Ban
- Mario Chalmers Indicates He’s Ready to Replace NBA Players That Aren’t Willing to Return This Season
- Report: Miami Heat Players ‘All in’ for Restarting Season, Aren’t Pushing NBA to Change Protocols
- Chris Silva Opens Up About Heartbreaking Loss of Former Coach and ‘Father Figure’
- Report: Miami Heat Have ‘Made It Known’ They’ll Target Giannis Antetokounmpo, Victor Oladipo in 2021
- Report: ‘Faction of Players’ Discussing If NBA Restart Is ‘Good Idea’
- Video: Dwyane Wade, Erik Spoelstra Show Udonis Haslem Love During Massive Birthday Extravaganza
Local Artist Creates Epic Kobe Bryant Mural in Miami
- Updated: January 29, 2020
Fans all over the world are making efforts to honor the memory of Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant.
Artist Ryan “Arcy” Christenson has taken to the streets of Miami to show his respects to the late NBA star.
Christenson is spending the week leading up to the Super Bowl in Miami working for the “Dan Patrick Show.”
While Christenson initially planned on spending the week painting Miami figures, Bryant’s death this past weekend forced a quick change of course.
“The night it happened … they were like we need you to work a miracle for us,” he said.
Christenson went on to say that people immediately recognized what he was working on.
“You can tell people need this,” he said. “The more good energy that’s being spread out across the globe during times of grief, it uplifts people.”
He added that while the image is largely dedicated to Bryant, he made sure to honor Bryant’s daughter, Gianna, who also perished in the tragic helicopter crash.
“I put in a butterfly, a small butterfly … that is to symbolize Kobe’s daughter, who we also lost and we have to pay homage to her as well,” he said.
Certainly, Christenson hoped that he was painting Bryant under different circumstances.
Still, it is fantastic to see him offering his talents to honor the memory of the basketball icon and his young daughter.