- Jayson Tatum lets people know Boston Celtics are still losing series to Miami Heat
- Boston Celtics forward gushes about ‘explosive’ and ‘super talented’ Bam Adebayo
- Miami Heat GM on What Stood Out About Bam Adebayo During Draft Workout That Was ‘Extraordinary’
- Duncan Robinson Heaps Massive Praise Upon Emergence of Tyler Herro in Playoffs
- Jae Crowder Hints at Critical Offensive Changes for Miami Heat Ahead of Game 4
- Meyers Leonard Finally Opens Up on Losing Spot in Miami Heat’s Playoff Rotation
- Dwyane Wade’s Emphatic Reaction to Anthony Davis’ Game-Winner vs. Denver Nuggets
- Jimmy Butler Sends Stern Challenge to Miami Heat Teammates After Game 3 Loss to Boston Celtics
- The Uplifting Advice Udonis Haslem Gave Miami Heat After Disappointing Game 3
- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
Local Artist Creates Epic Kobe Bryant Mural in Miami
- Updated: January 29, 2020
Fans all over the world are making efforts to honor the memory of Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant.
Artist Ryan “Arcy” Christenson has taken to the streets of Miami to show his respects to the late NBA star.
Christenson is spending the week leading up to the Super Bowl in Miami working for the “Dan Patrick Show.”
While Christenson initially planned on spending the week painting Miami figures, Bryant’s death this past weekend forced a quick change of course.
“The night it happened … they were like we need you to work a miracle for us,” he said.
Christenson went on to say that people immediately recognized what he was working on.
“You can tell people need this,” he said. “The more good energy that’s being spread out across the globe during times of grief, it uplifts people.”
He added that while the image is largely dedicated to Bryant, he made sure to honor Bryant’s daughter, Gianna, who also perished in the tragic helicopter crash.
“I put in a butterfly, a small butterfly … that is to symbolize Kobe’s daughter, who we also lost and we have to pay homage to her as well,” he said.
Certainly, Christenson hoped that he was painting Bryant under different circumstances.
Still, it is fantastic to see him offering his talents to honor the memory of the basketball icon and his young daughter.