- Jimmy Butler offers surprising reaction to not being selected to this year’s All-Star team
- Report: Miami Heat ‘well positioned’ to sign John Collins this offseason
- Report: Miami Heat among ‘potential trade destinations’ for Kyle Lowry
- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
Local Artist Creates Epic Kobe Bryant Mural in Miami
- Updated: January 29, 2020
Fans all over the world are making efforts to honor the memory of Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant.
Artist Ryan “Arcy” Christenson has taken to the streets of Miami to show his respects to the late NBA star.
Christenson is spending the week leading up to the Super Bowl in Miami working for the “Dan Patrick Show.”
While Christenson initially planned on spending the week painting Miami figures, Bryant’s death this past weekend forced a quick change of course.
“The night it happened … they were like we need you to work a miracle for us,” he said.
Christenson went on to say that people immediately recognized what he was working on.
“You can tell people need this,” he said. “The more good energy that’s being spread out across the globe during times of grief, it uplifts people.”
He added that while the image is largely dedicated to Bryant, he made sure to honor Bryant’s daughter, Gianna, who also perished in the tragic helicopter crash.
“I put in a butterfly, a small butterfly … that is to symbolize Kobe’s daughter, who we also lost and we have to pay homage to her as well,” he said.
Certainly, Christenson hoped that he was painting Bryant under different circumstances.
Still, it is fantastic to see him offering his talents to honor the memory of the basketball icon and his young daughter.