- Miami Heat release first half of 2020-21 NBA schedule
- Bam Adebayo bestows ultimate praise on Precious Achiuwa while comparing rookie to himself
- Bam Adebayo says he wants to be remembered as top 5 big man of all time
- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
LeBron James Explains One Thing That ‘Sucked’ About Matchup vs. Miami Heat
- Updated: November 18, 2018
LeBron James took the court at American Airlines Arena in Sunday night’s matchup between the Miami Heat and Los Angeles Lakers, but he was sad that former teammate and close friend Dwyane Wade did not.
James answered questions about Wade’s absence following the game.
— Al Butler (@ALaboutSports) November 19, 2018
“It sucks, it sucks, I can’t even lie to you guys,” James said. “I mean we all know the reason why he’s not here, but to know that we only had two more games to go against each other and one of them is not going to happen, it sucked a little bit, but hopefully we’re both in uniform when Miami comes to L.A., and we can finish this off the right way.”
It was not only unfortunate for James, but for Heat fans as well. It’s clear that the four-time MVP understands why Wade wants to spend time with his infant daughter, but there’s no denying that it would have been nice to see the two take the court at American Airlines Arena together again, even if on opposing sides.
With the 2018-19 season being the final season of Wade’s storied career, the final chance fans will get to see the two take the same court will be in the Dec. 10 matchup in Los Angeles.