- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat aren’t intimidated by any team: ‘I like our chances against anybody’
- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Goran Dragic explains what Miami Heat backcourt must do now with Victor Oladipo out for season
- Miami Heat news: Victor Oladipo to have season-ending surgery
LeBron James and Isaiah Thomas React to Dwyane Wade Reaching 22K Career Points
- Updated: March 24, 2018
Dwyane Wade made history in Friday night’s loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder when he drove into the lane in the fourth quarter and eclipsed 22,000 points in his storied career.
Shortly after the game, the Miami Heat star took to Instagram to share his thoughts on the career milestone. While the three-time NBA champ of course got thousands of comments from fans wishing him well, two comments in particular caught the eyes of NBA fans.
Two of Wade’s former teammates from his short-lived career with the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James and Isaiah Thomas, commented on the picture with congratulations of their own.
Jame and Wade’s close friendship spans over much of their NBA careers. However, it is unclear how close Wade is to Thomas. The two were teammates for just months before they were both shipped out of Cleveland.
Since rejoining the Heat back in February, Wade has played some of his best basketball in recent memory. On some nights, it is easy to forget just how long Wade has been playing in the NBA. Luckily, his 22,000 milestone serves as a reminder of that.
Wade himself has admitted that he may consider retirement this upcoming offseason. Knowing that, fans should remember to cherish every point he scores from here on out. There’s no telling just how many he’ll score before hanging his jersey up for good.