- Report: Miami Heat are monitoring Minnesota Timberwolves center Karl-Anthony Towns
- Report: Miami Heat have registered ‘serious interest’ in Blake Griffin
- Report: John Wall and Kyle Lowry are ‘potential targets’ for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat may be interested in acquiring Harrison Barnes
- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Updated: January 17, 2021
The 36-year-old James and Wade played four years together with the Heat from 2010 to 2014, then had a brief reunion with the Cleveland Cavaliers during the 2017-18 season.
Yet, their friendship was formed long before their time together with the Heat. In the 2003 NBA Draft, James was the top overall selection of the Cavaliers, while Wade was chosen four spots later by the Heat.
Both players developed into future Hall of Fame talents and during their Heat years, the duo helped lead the franchise to two NBA titles and four consecutive conference championships.
Just five months after Wade was dealt back to the Heat in February 2018, James left the Cavaliers after four seasons to sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.
While Wade retired following the 2018-19 season, James continues to perform at a high level on the court. That effort paid off last October, when he led the Lakers to their first NBA title in a decade.
It’s clear that despite the fact that Wade is no longer playing, the bond between him and James remains a strong one and will stay that way in the years ahead.