- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
- Video: Donovan Mitchell fanboys over Bam Adebayo as star duo works out together
- Bam Adebayo shares emotional story of growing up in trailer after earning max contract
- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
Jimmy Butler threatened to physically harm Goran Dragic if he didn’t return to Miami
- Updated: November 20, 2020
Luckily, Dragic did, signing a two-year deal to remain with the Heat and run it back after their NBA Finals appearance last season.
However, Butler reportedly called Dragic and threatened him to make sure he re-signed, half-jokingly of course.
More Goran Dragic to AP: Jimmy Butler called him last week and (half-seriously, we think) suggested physical violence could be coming his way if he didn't return to Miami. "Jimmy's a tough guy. … I didn't want him chasing my ass," Dragic said.
— Tim Reynolds (@ByTimReynolds) November 20, 2020
Butler knew that he needed his veteran point guard to make a run at another title.
Dragic’s deal is worth a reported $37.4 million over two seasons.
Dragic was huge for the Heat last year, both in the regular season and playoffs.
During the regular season, he averaged 16.2 points and 5.1 assists per game.
Butler and the Heat are certainly glad he will be on their side next season.