- Chris Bosh’s wife joins Dwyane Wade in destroying haters due to Julius Randle comparisons
- Report: Tyler Herro and Precious Achiuwa to represent Miami Heat on NBA Rising Stars rosters
- Dwyane Wade drops the mic as he explains why Chris Bosh is undoubtedly better than Julius Randle
- Report: Jimmy Butler approved of James Harden trade when Miami Heat were frontrunners
- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Updated: October 4, 2019
On Friday, Butler responded in kind, letting his former teammate know that the feeling is mutual.
Jimmy Butler on Joel Embiid's comments: "That's my [guy]. For real. And we do talk all the time. Even when I was traded here, I told him, 'Continue to dominate. Continue to prove why you're the best player in this effing league.' I believe that, man."
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 4, 2019
Last season, the 76ers advanced all the way to the Eastern Conference semifinals before falling to the eventual champion Toronto Raptors in an epic seven-game series.
Game 7 ended in incredible fashion, with Butler nailing a tying field goal with 4.2 seconds left in the game. Unfortunately for him and his former team, Kawhi Leonard nailed a buzzer-beater to give the other side the win.
Alongside Butler, Embiid enjoyed his best season as a pro last season with career-high averages in points, assists and rebounds per game.
Butler’s new teammates on the Heat are surely hoping that his presence will help them elevate their games to the next level as well.
While Butler actually experienced a down year from a statistical standpoint last season, much of that is likely due to the fact that the 76ers’ roster is loaded with All-Star talent. Now, as the lone current star on the Heat, it seems inevitable that Butler will put in one of the most productive seasons of his career.