- Dwyane Wade Posts Video of Himself Coaching Up LeBron James Jr. on Sideline
- Udonis Haslem Unveils Latest Initiative to Help South Florida Community
- Hassan Whiteside Admits He Wanted to Go to Portland Trail Blazers ‘for Years’
- Pat Riley ‘Happy Right Now’ With One Star, Has ‘Shown Restraint’ With Targeting Others
- Jimmy Butler Viciously Blocks KZ Okpala, Talks Major Trash During Miami Heat Scrimmage
- Josh Richardson Says ‘Soft’ Players Cannot Make It in Miami Heat’s Culture
- Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Multiple NBA Players Clown Jimmy Butler for Working Out at 3:30 A.M.
- Jimmy Butler Fires Back at Heckling Fan: ‘I Can’t Wash My A–?’
- Joel Embiid Says He Wishes Jimmy Butler Were Still on Philadelphia 76ers
Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Updated: October 4, 2019
On Friday, Butler responded in kind, letting his former teammate know that the feeling is mutual.
Jimmy Butler on Joel Embiid's comments: "That's my [guy]. For real. And we do talk all the time. Even when I was traded here, I told him, 'Continue to dominate. Continue to prove why you're the best player in this effing league.' I believe that, man."
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 4, 2019
Last season, the 76ers advanced all the way to the Eastern Conference semifinals before falling to the eventual champion Toronto Raptors in an epic seven-game series.
Game 7 ended in incredible fashion, with Butler nailing a tying field goal with 4.2 seconds left in the game. Unfortunately for him and his former team, Kawhi Leonard nailed a buzzer-beater to give the other side the win.
Alongside Butler, Embiid enjoyed his best season as a pro last season with career-high averages in points, assists and rebounds per game.
Butler’s new teammates on the Heat are surely hoping that his presence will help them elevate their games to the next level as well.
While Butler actually experienced a down year from a statistical standpoint last season, much of that is likely due to the fact that the 76ers’ roster is loaded with All-Star talent. Now, as the lone current star on the Heat, it seems inevitable that Butler will put in one of the most productive seasons of his career.