- Udonis Haslem Says He’s Willing to Fight Ray Allen’s Former Boston Celtics Teammates
- LeBron James Honors Dwyane Wade With Hilarious Tribute Video Ahead of Jersey Retirement
- Video: Dwyane Wade Drops Epic Verse on Rick Ross’ ‘Season Ticket Holder’
- Trae Young Takes Direct Shot at Jimmy Butler After Dropping 50 on Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat’s 2021 Free-Agency Plans ‘Start With Giannis Antetokounmpo’
- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwyane Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
Jimmy Butler responds to Joel Embiid: ‘Continue to prove why you’re the best player in this league’
- Updated: October 4, 2019
On Friday, Butler responded in kind, letting his former teammate know that the feeling is mutual.
Jimmy Butler on Joel Embiid's comments: "That's my [guy]. For real. And we do talk all the time. Even when I was traded here, I told him, 'Continue to dominate. Continue to prove why you're the best player in this effing league.' I believe that, man."
— Anthony Chiang (@Anthony_Chiang) October 4, 2019
Last season, the 76ers advanced all the way to the Eastern Conference semifinals before falling to the eventual champion Toronto Raptors in an epic seven-game series.
Game 7 ended in incredible fashion, with Butler nailing a tying field goal with 4.2 seconds left in the game. Unfortunately for him and his former team, Kawhi Leonard nailed a buzzer-beater to give the other side the win.
Alongside Butler, Embiid enjoyed his best season as a pro last season with career-high averages in points, assists and rebounds per game.
Butler’s new teammates on the Heat are surely hoping that his presence will help them elevate their games to the next level as well.
While Butler actually experienced a down year from a statistical standpoint last season, much of that is likely due to the fact that the 76ers’ roster is loaded with All-Star talent. Now, as the lone current star on the Heat, it seems inevitable that Butler will put in one of the most productive seasons of his career.