- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
- Erik Spoelstra insinuates NBA forcing Miami Heat to play short-handed may have worsened Tyler Herro’s injury
- Andre Iguodala claims Duncan Robinson and Tyler Herro have work ethics ‘just like’ Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson
- Kendrick Nunn discloses why he still thinks he deserved Rookie of the Year over Ja Morant
- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
Jimmy Butler opens up on similarities between KZ Okpala and himself
- Updated: December 21, 2020
On Monday, Heat All-Star Jimmy Butler compared Okpala to himself.
“He’s constantly learning, trying to get better on both ends of the floor,” Butler said. “That’s my favorite part about him. He cares probably more about getting the stop than he does about getting the bucket. For me, that’s how I started off in the league. So a lot of what I see in him is kind of like what I was whenever I was a young guy in the league.”
Okpala, 21, showed out in the 2020 preseason.
During the Heat’s preseason win over the Toronto Raptors on Friday, the forward collected 24 points on 9-of-15 shooting from the field. Most impressive, he knocked down six shots from downtown.
Okpala was the No. 32 pick in the 2019 NBA Draft. As for Butler, he was selected with the No. 30 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.
Clearly, Butler knows what it’s like to rise to the top without having the hype or attention.