- Meyers Leonard Doubles Down on Justice Stance, Shows Love to African-American Teammates
- An Emotional Udonis Haslem Addresses Community of Miami: ‘I’m Scared as Hell’
- Udonis Haslem Boasts About KZ Okpala’s Growth, Says He’s Put on Weight and Gotten Stronger
- Bam Adebayo Adamantly Advocates for Jayson Tatum to Receive Max Money From Celtics
- Report: Miami Heat Could Participate in Secret ‘Closed-Door Scrimmages’ Despite NBA Directive
- Tyler Herro Sends Blunt 4-Word Message With NBA Return on Horizon
- Gabrielle Union Offers Powerful Statement After Brutal Death of George Floyd
- Ayehsa Curry Rips Donald Trump for Calling George Floyd Protesters ‘Thugs’
- Miami Heat’s Bam Adebayo Worried About Licking, Sweating When NBA Returns
- Report: NBA Targeting July 31 for Resumption of 2019-20 Season
Jimmy Butler Dedicates Heartwarming Birthday Post to Goran Dragic
- Updated: May 6, 2020
On Wednesday, Butler continued that trend when he took to Instagram to wish his close friend and teammate a happy birthday.
Throughout the 2019-20 season, Butler has been tasked with leading the Heat’s starting unit, while Dragic has primarily taken over the responsibility of leading the bench unit.
On the season, Butler is averaging 20.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game. While he’s been a top-level star for much of his NBA career, he’s shown a new level of versatility in his first year in Miami.
As for Dragic, he’s averaging 16.1 points. 5.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game this season.
Together, both players have had a huge role in the Heat’s strong campaign thus far.
While Dragic’s current contract is up at the end of this season, recent reports indicate that he may stick around beyond that on a team-friendly deal.
If that ends up being the case, there is little doubt that the friendship between Butler and Dragic will only continue to blossom and grow.