- Report: Miami Heat request Zoom session with intriguing big man Jalen Smith
- Report: Miami Heat expressing interest in dynamic Denver Nuggets forward
- Miami Heat’s Jimmy Butler seen repping Dwyane Wade in epic fashion
- Report: Victor Oladipo’s interest in joining Miami higher than Heat’s interest in him
- Dwyane Wade promotes powerful message on why LeBron James deserves more respect
- Jae Crowder admits he had nightmare about NBA Finals, sends epic message to Heat Nation
- Report: Miami Heat could target Paul Millsap, Aron Baynes if Jae Crowder signs elsewhere
- Report: Miami Heat’s ability to trade for star like Bradley Beal may hinge on Kelly Olynyk
- Jimmy Butler severely disrespected in 2021 NBA MVP odds
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro reflects on NBA Finals loss with motivational social media post
Jimmy Butler Dedicates Heartwarming Birthday Post to Goran Dragic
- Updated: May 6, 2020
On Wednesday, Butler continued that trend when he took to Instagram to wish his close friend and teammate a happy birthday.
Throughout the 2019-20 season, Butler has been tasked with leading the Heat’s starting unit, while Dragic has primarily taken over the responsibility of leading the bench unit.
On the season, Butler is averaging 20.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game. While he’s been a top-level star for much of his NBA career, he’s shown a new level of versatility in his first year in Miami.
As for Dragic, he’s averaging 16.1 points. 5.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game this season.
Together, both players have had a huge role in the Heat’s strong campaign thus far.
While Dragic’s current contract is up at the end of this season, recent reports indicate that he may stick around beyond that on a team-friendly deal.
If that ends up being the case, there is little doubt that the friendship between Butler and Dragic will only continue to blossom and grow.