- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Jimmy Butler Dedicates Heartwarming Birthday Post to Goran Dragic
- Updated: May 6, 2020
On Wednesday, Butler continued that trend when he took to Instagram to wish his close friend and teammate a happy birthday.
Throughout the 2019-20 season, Butler has been tasked with leading the Heat’s starting unit, while Dragic has primarily taken over the responsibility of leading the bench unit.
On the season, Butler is averaging 20.2 points, 6.6 rebounds and 6.1 assists per game. While he’s been a top-level star for much of his NBA career, he’s shown a new level of versatility in his first year in Miami.
As for Dragic, he’s averaging 16.1 points. 5.1 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game this season.
Together, both players have had a huge role in the Heat’s strong campaign thus far.
While Dragic’s current contract is up at the end of this season, recent reports indicate that he may stick around beyond that on a team-friendly deal.
If that ends up being the case, there is little doubt that the friendship between Butler and Dragic will only continue to blossom and grow.