- Miami Heat’s Erik Spoelstra on Why Jimmy Butler Wasn’t in at End of 4th Quarter of Game 3
- Brad Stevens Reveals What Boston Celtics Did to Contain Goran Dragic in Game 3
- Meyers Leonard’s Wife Shows Off Huge Difference Between Miami Heat and Boston Celtics Benches
- Report: Boston Celtics Offer Huge Update on Gordon Hayward’s Status for Game 3
- Video: Goran Dragic Reveals Owner of Direct Competitor to Jimmy Butler’s Big Face Coffee
- Bam Adebayo and Goran Dragic Gush Over Multiple Unique Qualities of Erik Spoelstra
- Dwyane Wade Makes Pointed Statement About Underrated Erik Spoelstra: ‘He Doesn’t Get Enough Credit’
- Report: Boston Celtics Upgrade Gordon Hayward’s Status Ahead of Game 3 vs. Miami Heat
- The Insane Amount of Money Miami Heat Reward Erik Spoelstra After Every Single Win
- Report: Celtics Had to Separate Marcus Smart and Jaylen Brown Before ‘Physical Altercation’ Could Occur
Jimmy Butler Calls Out Kevin Love for Questioning 3 A.M. Workout: ‘Motherf—–, Come Do What I Do’
- Updated: November 4, 2019
This offseason, Jimmy Butler impressed players and fans alike when he opted to clock in for a predawn workout. One player who was not impressed, however, was Cleveland Cavaliers star big man Kevin Love.
Shortly after the news of Butler’s 3 a.m. workout circulated, Love made news of his own by saying that the move was all “for show.”
Turns out, Butler was listening. On a Monday episode of the “Winging It With Vince Carter” podcast, Butler responded to Love’s doubts.
“Somebody was telling me that K. Love was like, ‘Oh he does this for show,'” Butler said. “It’s like, ‘Motherf—–, you come do what I do.’ People don’t understand, I do this s— everyday in the summer. If you know me, and you get up and you work the way that I work, you see that it’s not for show. If it was for show I would have been the one to put it on the internet. I don’t talk about it, I just go do it.”
He then briefly discussed why he has made these intense workouts a part of his summer schedule.
“I do it to be in the best shape that I can,” he said. “To help my team and my organization thrive and win. Not everybody can handle it. Not everybody can do it.”
It’s about as definitive a response as possible when it comes to Butler’s motivation to get a workout in while most are sleeping.
It will be interesting to see if the two All-Star players share any words on this matter when the Heat face off against the Cavs later this month.