- Report: Miami Heat worked out PAC-12 Freshman of the Year on Sunday
- Orlando Magic star takes jab at Miami Heat’s Pat Riley after ‘asterisk’ comments
- Video: Diehard Miami Heat fan gets team logo tattooed onto his head
- Tyler Herro shows off several new tattoos while on vacation with girlfriend Katya Elise Henry
- Pat Riley explains what he actually meant by saying 2020 title will always have ‘asterisk’
- Pat Riley not guaranteeing to bring back Meyers Leonard and Derrick Jones Jr. to Miami Heat
- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
Jeff Green Dedicates Instagram Post to Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem
- Updated: January 5, 2019
The Miami Heat faced off against the Washington Wizards on Friday night, and after the game, Wizards forward Jeff Green took to Instagram to show his respect for Miami legends Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem.
By the looks of it, Green brought his own jerseys in preparation for Friday night’s game. In return, Haslem and Wade both wrote personal messages to Green.
The Instagram post is a clear sign of just how much Wade and Haslem are not only beloved amongst fans, but also how important they are to their fellow players. While Green is an NBA star in his own right, he was purely a fan in this instance.
Green played alongside Wade for a portion of last season as member of the Cleveland Cavaliers. He also lives in Miami in the offseason, and it’s quite clear that he not only respects Wade for what he’s done on the court, but for what he’s done off of it in the city of Miami.
“The city took him in as a young kid. He grew up as an adult in this city, did beautiful things in this community, on this court for this city. They embraced him for who he is and he embraced the city back. That’s big, man,” said Green. “And he’s a great human being. He’s a guy who’s well respected here.”
Wade has already made it clear that he will retire following the end of the 2018-19 season. As for Haslem, he is still reportedly unsure whether or not he will call it quits by season’s end.
Despite the fact that both of their careers may soon come to an end, it is quite clear that the impact they have had on the NBA will remain for many seasons to come.