- Jimmy Butler on Sacrificing for His Family: ‘I’m Going to Bring Them a Championship’
- What Erik Spoelstra Said to Bam Adebayo to Get Him Going Defensively in 2nd Half
- Report: Celtics Imploding in Locker Room as Players Cuss Each Other Out and Throw Things
- Miami Heat Superstar Jimmy Butler’s Immediate Reaction to Going Up 2-0 on Boston Celtics
- Bradley Beal’s Fiancée Favors Him to Miami Heat After All-NBA Snub
- Report: Boston Celtics Guard Doubtful to Return After Suffering Injury in Game 2
- Miami Heat vs. Boston Celtics Game 2 Live Stream: Watch NBA Playoffs Online and on TV
- Miami Heat News: Jimmy Butler Files 3 Trademarks for His Big Face Coffee Business
- Report: NBA Executive Says ‘Everyone Is Looking for the Next’ Bam Adebayo in Upcoming Draft
- Report: Rivals Were ‘Chuckling’ and Had ‘Genuine Concern’ for Miami Heat During 2017-18 Season
J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Updated: February 26, 2020
The Miami Heat are currently reeling, having lost six of their last eight games.
Even so, the Heat are still in fourth place in the Eastern Conference and considered to be title contenders.
A former NBA champion believes Miami will come out on top of the East in the playoffs.
JR Smith got the Lakers and Heat making the NBA Finals pic.twitter.com/G7wkKADMy7
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) February 26, 2020
Free agent J.R. Smith, who won a title with the Cavs in 2016, recently had a question-and-answer session with his Instagram followers.
When asked to predict which teams would meet in the 2020 NBA Finals, Smith had a “crazy” response. He answered that the Los Angeles Lakers, the team he is currently rumored to join, will face the Heat.
The Heat have plenty of work to do if they want to compete for a championship this season.
While they have been nearly untouchable at home, their 13-18 win-loss record on the road could spell trouble in the playoffs, especially if they do not have home-court advantage in a series.