- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Updated: December 4, 2020
Heat sharpshooter Duncan Robinson recently admitted that players on the team have taken exception to the disrespect and will be using it as motivation this upcoming season.
“Robinson confirmed that Heat players have a ‘chip’ because of the perception apparently held by some NBA people — and cited on an ESPN podcast — that the Heat’s run to the Finals was ‘kind of a fluke’ and that playing in a bubble ‘set up perfectly for us to be successful,'” Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald wrote.
Robinson, 26, isn’t the first Heat player to speak out on the comments.
The Heat crushed the Indiana Pacers, Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics in the Eastern Conference on their way to the 2020 NBA Finals.
Most impressively, the Heat knocked out two-time MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo and the league’s top-seeded Milwaukee Bucks in five games in the second round.
Although the Heat lost to the Los Angeles Lakers in the Finals, they gave the duo of LeBron James and Anthony Davis the most trouble in the 2020 postseason. No Western Conference opponent was able to snatch more than one game from the Lakers.
The depleted Heat won two games in the Finals against the Lakers.