- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
ESPN’s Panel of Experts Agree Bam Adebayo Should and Will Win Most Improved Player Award
- Updated: June 1, 2020
The strides he has made this season should put him in contention for the NBA’s Most Improved Player award.
In a recent poll by ESPN, its panel of experts believes that Adebayo should and will take home the trophy this season.
“In another deep field, breakout Miami Heat star Bam Adebayo grabbed enough first-place votes to earn the pick from our panel,” wrote ESPN. “But Adebayo will have real competition for this one — especially from Brandon Ingram, who would be a big part of a [New Orleans] Pelicans playoff push.”
While Adebayo is certainly deserving of being named this season’s Most Improved Player, Ingram could make the race interesting. Both were first-time All-Star players this year.
The University of Kentucky product has also been posting elite numbers this year.
His season averages of 16.2 points, 10.5 rebounds, 5.1 assists, 1.2 steals and 1.3 blocks per game make him just the sixth player in league history to post such numbers after Larry Bird, Chris Webber, DeMarcus Cousins, Kevin Garnett and Giannis Antetokounmpo.