- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Erik Spoelstra Sings Praises for Miami Heat Two-Way Player Who Won G League MIP
- Updated: June 24, 2020
Vincent’s play for the Sioux Falls Skyforce earned him some major praise from Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra.
“He fits so many of the things that we like … high character, super-hard work ethic,” Spoelstra said. “He’s developed his game through a lot of sweat and hard work behind the scenes when no one was watching.
“We relate to guys like that. We’re fans of his and we’re excited to be able to develop him.”
The 24-year-old guard averaged 20.9 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game while shooting 40.3 percent from deep in the G League this season.
It was a huge uptick in production from his 2018-19 campaign where he averaged just 8.8 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists on 29.1 percent shooting from three-point range.
Vincent has played in four games for the Heat so far this season. His biggest game came on Feb. 5, when he scored nine points in 17 minutes against the Los Angeles Clippers.
“He definitely can fit,” Spoelstra told reporters after that game. “He helps a lot of the actions that we run; they run them in Sioux Falls, obviously. He looks good on those actions on the run.
“He has range, but he can shoot on the move. He’s a capable, detailed defender.”
It seems clear that the Heat have managed to find another diamond in the rough with the impressive youngster.