- Kendrick Perkins makes blasphemous statement about Miami Heat’s chances against Los Angeles Lakers
- Report: Minnesota Timberwolves were uncomfortable with Jimmy Butler wanting to be ‘toughest MFer in the room’
- Bill Simmons makes bold prediction for Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Numerous Hall of Famers expected to be among virtual fans for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
Report: Miami Heat Two-Way Player Wins Most Improved Player Award
- Updated: June 22, 2020
Miami Heat two-way guard Gabe Vincent was named the 2019-20 NBA G League Most Improved Player on Monday.
— Sioux Falls Skyforce (@SFSkyforce) June 22, 2020
This season, Vincent split time between the Stockton Kings, the affiliate of the Sacramento Kings, and the Sioux Falls Skyforce, the Heat’s affiliate.
The 24-year-old averaged 20.9 points, 3.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists per game while shooting 40.3 percent from 3 in the G League this season. As for last season, he averaged 8.8 points, 3.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists on 29.1 percent shooting from 3-point range.
Vincent signed his two-way deal with the Heat in January and has averaged 2.0 points in 6.9 minutes per game with the team so far this season. His best game with the Heat came against the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 5, when he played 17 minutes and scored nine points.
This is the first time in Skyforce franchise history that one of their players has won this award.