- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
- Anthony Edwards makes it clear he approves of Jimmy Butler and Karl-Anthony Towns talking trash
- Bam Adebayo offers hilarious reason why Boston Celtics were ‘not my worry’ after Miami Heat win
- Video: Jimmy Butler talks trash to Karl-Anthony Towns, says he’s ‘soft as baby s–t’
- Report: Miami Heat update injury report for Friday’s matchup vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Video: Zaire Wade does his best LeBron James impersonation on the basketball court
- Report: Miami Heat likely to look for replacement for Dewayne Dedmon if he explores free agency
- Report: Joe Johnson ‘intrigued’ by Miami Heat, likes Jimmy Butler’s role with team
- Report: Bucks aimed great deal of frustration at Mike Budenholzer after they lost to Heat in last year’s playoffs
- League executives and scouts agree that the Miami Heat will be the toughest out in the play-in tournament
Erik Spoelstra says Bam Adebayo was ‘really angry’ Miami Heat kept him out of game vs. Houston Rockets
- Updated: April 22, 2021
Adebayo finished Wednesday’s game with 23 points, eight rebounds and five assists to help lead the Heat to a 107-87 victory.
After the win, Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra said that Adebayo was “really angry” Miami didn’t let him play against Houston, which may have led to his big game.
“I think he was really angry at all of us for not being able to play the Houston game,” Spoelstra said when asked about Adebayo’s stat line. “So I think he was just really wanting to get out there and compete. Also, our leaders understood, the veterans and everybody understood how important this road trip is.”
With the win, the Heat improved to 31-28 on the season and are the No. 7 seed in the Eastern Conference.
Adebayo has built on his breakout campaign last season to average 19.1 points, 9.3 rebounds and 5.2 assists per game this season.
If Miami wants to get back to the NBA Finals, Adebayo will have to continue to put up All-Star caliber numbers the rest of the season.