- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Game 1 of NBA Finals
- Jimmy Butler addresses whether or not he considered joining Lakers last summer
- LeBron James reveals how he really feels about Pat Riley and Erik Spoelstra
- Bam Adebayo elaborates on challenges of facing Anthony Davis and Dwight Howard
- Erik Spoelstra remarks on keys to LeBron James’ ‘greatness’ ahead of NBA Finals clash
- Report: Miami Heat could offer Montrezl Harrell big one-year deal this offseason
- Video: Tyler Herro claps back at Paul Pierce for refusing to call him a ‘bucket’
- Report: Miami Heat requested not to have confetti after advancing to NBA Finals
- Udonis Haslem uses perfect analogy while throwing low-key shade at Jimmy Butler’s previous teams
- Dwyane Wade reveals who he’s rooting for in NBA Finals between LeBron James and Miami Heat
Dwyane Wade Takes Shot at Houston Rockets While Standing Up for Carmelo Anthony
- Updated: November 12, 2018
The NBA is a brotherhood.
Trying to make my guy @carmeloanthony the fall guy huh!? Man y’all need to stop. That’s the easy way out instead of addressing what the real problem.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 12, 2018
Wade and Anthony, who both came out of the same 2003 draft class, are very close friends. While both players have had successful careers, their paths and circumstances have been very different. Wade has three championships, has been to the NBA Finals five times and is the face of the Heat franchise. Anthony, on the other hand, has never been to the NBA Finals and has been on multiple teams during his his 16-year career.
Although Anthony has been plagued by drama and chemistry issues over the last few years, the forward is one of the best players of this generation. The elite shooter has career averages of 24.0 points, 6.5 rebounds and 3.0 assists, and is third among active scorers behind LeBron James and Dirk Nowitzki with 25,551 points.
If the 34-year-old and Rockets do end up parting ways, it wouldn’t be a complete shock if the Heat were to contact the veteran. Over the summer, Heat president Pat Riley and Anthony met up together in Las Vegas to talk about a potential signing. If Anthony chooses to look for a stable organization with teammates who will stick up for him, he’ll find loyalty with the Heat and backup with Wade.