- Dwyane Wade Shows Off Awesome Custom Kicks in Support of Daughter, Pride Month
- Andre Iguodala Explains How NBA Players Can Be ‘Beacon of Light’ for American People
- Report: Alonzo Mourning ‘Shed Tears’ in 2010 Presentation to LeBron James When Talking About Miami Heat’s Support
- Kevin Garnett Explains How He Cussed Out Pat Riley After Being Doubted During Pre-Draft Workout
- Report: Knicks Were LeBron James’ 1st Choice in 2010, But Meeting Was ‘Disaster’
- Report: LeBron James Spurned Joakim Noah’s Attempt to Recruit Him to the Chicago Bulls in 2010
- Report: Udonis Haslem Was Ready to Leave Miami Heat in 2010 Until Dwyane Wade Intervened
- ESPN Reveals Who Came Up With the Idea for LeBron James’ Infamous ‘The Decision’
- Dwyane Wade’s Ecstatic Response to NBA Resumption Opening With Lakers vs. Clippers
- Former Celtic Says Paul Pierce and His Teammates Saw LeBron James as ‘Soft’
Dwyane Wade Shows Off Awesome Custom Kicks in Support of Daughter, Pride Month
- Updated: June 30, 2020
Ever since Dwyane Wade’s daughter, Zaya, has come out as transgender, the three-time NBA champion and his family have been nothing but loving and supportive.
As Pride Month is just about to come to an end, the Miami Heat legend took to social media to show off his new kicks to celebrate the month and his young daughter.
He also shared a picture of himself wearing a shirt inspired by Pride. He captioned the post with a powerful message on what Pride means to him.
View this post on Instagram
Gay pride or LGBT pride is the promotion of the self-affirmation, dignity, equality, and increased visibility of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people as a social group. Pride, as opposed to shame and social stigma, is the predominant outlook that bolsters most LGBT rights movements! 🏳️🌈 #WeSupportEachOtherWithPride
The elder Wade has always been a strong voice when it comes to social reform. When the community of Miami was rocked to its core after the high school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, he went on television to preach the need for gun reform.
Similarly, from the moment his daughter came out to him and his family, the elder Wade has shown nothing but staunch support and undying love.
Earlier this month, the elder Wade exclaimed that he would be celebrating both the holiday of Juneteenth and the self-created holiday of “Junetwenieth.”
Between those two momentous occasions, as well as the month-long celebration of Pride, it’s quite possible that June is the Heat legend’s favorite month of the year.