- Report: Miami Heat ‘purposely’ showed no interest in Duncan Robinson to keep him secret
- Report: Bam Adebayo could become Miami Heat’s ‘lead recruiter’ over Jimmy Butler to add 3rd star
- Miami Heat’s Meyers Leonard warns that other contenders are ‘interested’ in him
- Meyers Leonard reveals 2 crucial things he’s looking for to return to the Miami Heat
- Dwyane Wade makes a bold claim about NBA draft prospect Anthony Edwards
- Report: Miami Heat showing strong interest in another sharpshooting Kentucky guard
- Udonis Haslem and Dwyane Wade reminisce on getting their ‘a—s beat’ by Allen Iverson in 2003
- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Goran Dragic Winning Player of the Week
- Updated: January 15, 2018
The Miami Heat are currently enjoying a seven-game winning streak and point guard Goran Dragic is certainly getting quite a lot of credit for it. On Monday, Dragic was rewarded for his recent performances when he was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week.
It didn’t take long for Heat legend Dwyane Wade to notice. He quickly took to Twitter to celebrate his former teammate’s success.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 15, 2018
Dragic and Wade played together for a portion of the 2014-15 season and the entirety of the 2015-16 season in Miami and it’s clear that Wade has a lot of respect for the veteran guard.
This is the second time this season that Dragic has been named the Player of the Week in the Eastern Conference, with the first time coming back in late November. He deserved the award then and he certainly deserves it now. Last week, Dragic averaged 23.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 5.0 assists per game, and came up huge in clutch moments of all three games.
Dragic will look to continue his recent success as he and the Heat look to extend their winning streak to eight games this afternoon against the Chicago Bulls.