- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
- Report: Miami Heat list Jimmy Butler as questionable for game vs. Atlanta Hawks due to new injury
- Report: Houston Rockets could trade Victor Oladipo based on belief that he’ll join Miami Heat in offseason
- Donovan Mitchell compares Jimmy Butler to James Harden in crucial aspect of game: ‘He is an artist’
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Goran Dragic Winning Player of the Week
- Updated: January 15, 2018
The Miami Heat are currently enjoying a seven-game winning streak and point guard Goran Dragic is certainly getting quite a lot of credit for it. On Monday, Dragic was rewarded for his recent performances when he was named the Eastern Conference Player of the Week.
It didn’t take long for Heat legend Dwyane Wade to notice. He quickly took to Twitter to celebrate his former teammate’s success.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) January 15, 2018
Dragic and Wade played together for a portion of the 2014-15 season and the entirety of the 2015-16 season in Miami and it’s clear that Wade has a lot of respect for the veteran guard.
This is the second time this season that Dragic has been named the Player of the Week in the Eastern Conference, with the first time coming back in late November. He deserved the award then and he certainly deserves it now. Last week, Dragic averaged 23.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 5.0 assists per game, and came up huge in clutch moments of all three games.
Dragic will look to continue his recent success as he and the Heat look to extend their winning streak to eight games this afternoon against the Chicago Bulls.