- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Updated: November 24, 2020
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) November 24, 2020
Adebayo is getting ready to begin his fourth NBA season after having been a first-round pick of the Heat in 2017. During the 2019-20 season, he emerged as a potent force in the paint and helped make his case for the lucrative new deal.
Wade knows all about earning major sums of money during his time in the NBA, where he was a central aspect of all three Heat title teams in 2006, 2012 and 2013.
While Adebayo and the Heat came up short in the 2020 NBA Finals, they became a force during the postseason and hope to use that momentum for the upcoming campaign.
Adebayo will now have some added pressure to help play a key role for the Heat, taking the next step to capture another championship. However, the big man’s strong work ethic has been evident since he arrived in Miami, which likely reduces the fear that he’ll rest on his laurels now that he’ll receive ample compensation.