- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Dwyane Wade Reacts to Reporter’s Prediction of Who Miami Heat Will Select With 13th Pick
- Updated: June 20, 2019
Projecting who the Miami Heat will take in Thursday night’s NBA draft has offered up countless prospects over the past few weeks.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) June 20, 2019
Reynolds is an NBA writer for the Associated Press, so Wade is very familiar with him.
With respect to the two prospects mentioned, Darius Bazley is the most intriguing. The reason is because he’s a player who had originally committed to playing for Syracuse University this past season.
However, he changed his mind and sat out the year, so his talents have acquired some rust.
Yet he does possess athleticism and versatility, with NBADraft.net offering this opinion:
“Big time potential. Naturally has variety to his game, can show much improvement by getting better at what he already does at a basic level without having to completely add new dimensions to his game.”
Tyler Herro from the University of Kentucky would be a more conventional pick, considering he has one year of collegiate play under his belt. In his 37 games for the Wildcats, the 6-foot-5 guard averaged 14.0 points, 4.5 rebounds and 2.0 assists.
While Wade has no official role when it comes to offering opinions on possible players to select, team president Pat Riley has previously noted that the retired superstar texted him about the draft.