- Erik Spoelstra challenges Bam Adebayo to win Defensive Player of the Year award
- Report: Heat players have ‘chip’ on their shoulders due to ‘fluke’ label on recent run to finals
- Here’s the ridiculous amount of money Duncan Robinson could make next summer
- Tyler Herro on how he became friends with Jack Harlow: ‘Honestly, just both being white’
- Miami Heat point guard Goran Dragic gives promising update on latest foot injury
- Report: Miami Heat exercise team option on guard Tyler Herro
- Tyler Herro’s big personal goal for upcoming NBA season
- Details emerge about Jimmy Butler’s rumored romance with Selena Gomez
- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
Dwyane Wade Says He, LeBron James, Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony Want Team Ownership
- Updated: February 16, 2019
Earlier this week, Miami Heat star Dwyane Wade made it clear that he one day hopes to have ownership in an NBA team, and on Saturday, he clarified that he’s not the only NBA star with ownership goals.
During the flurry of interviews and press at NBA All-Star Weekend, Wade said that his close friends and fellow NBA stars Chris Paul, LeBron James, and Carmelo Anthony also have hopes of having ownership in an NBA team.
— Ethan J. Skolnick (@EthanJSkolnick) February 16, 2019
Now that Wade’s career is coming to an end, the long-held dream of the four stars playing together will likely never come to pass. The four close friends owning a team together could be far more realistic.
Together, the four stars could easily gather enough money to at least share majority ownership over an existing or expansion NBA team. It would be amazing to see what that kind of co-ownership amongst friends and fellow NBA stars would look like.
While Wade and friends owning an NBA team seems quite a ways away, it is still definitely something to keep an eye on as their playing careers come to an end.