- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
Dwyane Wade Fires Back at Aaron Gordon’s New Diss Track With ‘Free Advice’
- Updated: April 27, 2020
The song, titled “9 Out of 10,” dealt with Gordon’s belief that Wade cost him the 2020 Slam Dunk Contest trophy back in February.
Now, Wade has issued his response to Gordon’s new track.
— DWade (@DwyaneWade) April 27, 2020
Wade is known for his sense of humor and and intelligence, and his tweet proves why.
When it comes to the actual wording of Wade’s tweet, he used Gordon’s own lyrics against him, clearly referencing the song itself.
“Nine out of 10, can you please fix your lens,” Gordon rapped in the chorus of the song. “Nine out 10 got you playing pretend. Nine out of 10, here we go again. Nine out of 10, could have bought the fam a Benz. Nine out of 10, are you making amends? Nine out of 10, probably lost an M.”
Through the lyrics, it is clear that Gordon is not over his loss in this year’s dunk contest.
Beyond that, Wade’s response probably didn’t give the Magic forward the satisfaction that he was looking for.
It will be fun to see what the next chapter of this new NBA rivalry holds.