- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
- Video: Victor Oladipo exits game vs. Lakers after suffering non-contact injury
- Video: Jimmy Butler taunts Lakers while taking over in 4th quarter for Heat
Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Updated: August 13, 2020
Butler, 30, is in his first season with the Heat.
The journeyman started his career with the Chicago Bulls. He played there for the first six years of his career. Towards the end of his stint with the Bulls, the veteran clashed with coaches and younger teammates.
Furthermore, his reputation as a bad teammate followed Butler during his tenures in Minnesota and Philadelphia.
Yet, in his first year with Miami, Butler has been a phenomenal teammate. Heat players and coaches have applauded him for his terrific leadership, production and humility.
Wednesday’s tussle between Paul and Butler was a great example of Butler’s leadership and support. The Heat will need that energy as they prepare for a championship run.
On the season, Butler is putting up 19.9 points, 6.7 boards and 6.0 assists per game. The Heat are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference.
The Heat take on the Indiana Pacers on Friday.