- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Updated: August 13, 2020
Butler, 30, is in his first season with the Heat.
The journeyman started his career with the Chicago Bulls. He played there for the first six years of his career. Towards the end of his stint with the Bulls, the veteran clashed with coaches and younger teammates.
Furthermore, his reputation as a bad teammate followed Butler during his tenures in Minnesota and Philadelphia.
Yet, in his first year with Miami, Butler has been a phenomenal teammate. Heat players and coaches have applauded him for his terrific leadership, production and humility.
Wednesday’s tussle between Paul and Butler was a great example of Butler’s leadership and support. The Heat will need that energy as they prepare for a championship run.
On the season, Butler is putting up 19.9 points, 6.7 boards and 6.0 assists per game. The Heat are the No. 4 seed in the Eastern Conference.
The Heat take on the Indiana Pacers on Friday.