- Video: Heat fans seen going berserk in Miami after team advances to NBA Finals
- Video: Jimmy Butler discusses having to go through LeBron James-Led team to get to promised land
- Dwyane Wade goes after Paul Pierce after Miami Heat beat Boston Celtics: ‘You know where I live’
- Erik Spoelstra and Bam Adebayo speak out on facing LeBron James and Lakers in NBA Finals
- Video: Bam Adebayo destroys Daniel Theis with vicious poster dunk
- Dwyane Wade gives huge shout-out to LeBron James after making his 10th NBA Finals
- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
Gabrielle Union Rips Apart Paul Pierce in Defense of Dwyane Wade
- Updated: April 6, 2019
The latest figure to take a stand is Wade’s wife, Gabrielle Union, who was very upset.
This @paulpierce34 thing is wrong on many obvious levels but what I find most troublesome is this idea of a man trying to diminish another man that looks like him, was raised like him, in order to shine a tad brighter. Shit isnt entertaining, it's sad. ❤ & ?good people.
Wade, 37, is in the final season of his prolific NBA career. During his retirement tour, the veteran has been showered with love, praise and gifts from multiple players and teams across the league. The disrespectful claim by Pierce puts a sour spot on what has been a beautiful ending for Wade.
However, when the two greats are compared, the Heat legend still takes the throne.
For his career, Wade has averaged 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per contest, while Pierce averaged 19.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game during his career. In addition, Wade has more NBA Finals appearances, championships and All-NBA team selections than Pierce.
While Heat fans could continue to destroy Pierce in this ridiculous argument, it’s best to enjoy the last few games of the Heat legend’s amazing playing career.