- Report: Miami Heat willing to pay ‘going rate for elite shooters’ when Duncan Robinson becomes free agent
- Report: Avery Bradley to return, Goran Dragic out vs. Denver Nuggets
- Report: NBA officials believe Duncan Robinson will get $15-20M annually in free agency
- Udonis Haslem expresses anger over NBA ‘locking up’ players in hotel rooms due to COVID-19
- Miami Heat legend Dwyane Wade reacts to tragic COVID-19-related death of Sekou Smith
- Report: Miami Heat could be without 8 players Wednesday vs. Denver Nuggets
- Miami Heat remember Kobe Bryant with incredible 8-minute, 24-second video tribute
- Dwyane Wade reacts to hilarious photo of him and Martha Stewart
- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
Gabrielle Union Rips Apart Paul Pierce in Defense of Dwyane Wade
- Updated: April 6, 2019
The latest figure to take a stand is Wade’s wife, Gabrielle Union, who was very upset.
This @paulpierce34 thing is wrong on many obvious levels but what I find most troublesome is this idea of a man trying to diminish another man that looks like him, was raised like him, in order to shine a tad brighter. Shit isnt entertaining, it's sad. ❤ & ?good people.
Wade, 37, is in the final season of his prolific NBA career. During his retirement tour, the veteran has been showered with love, praise and gifts from multiple players and teams across the league. The disrespectful claim by Pierce puts a sour spot on what has been a beautiful ending for Wade.
However, when the two greats are compared, the Heat legend still takes the throne.
For his career, Wade has averaged 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per contest, while Pierce averaged 19.7 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.5 assists per game during his career. In addition, Wade has more NBA Finals appearances, championships and All-NBA team selections than Pierce.
While Heat fans could continue to destroy Pierce in this ridiculous argument, it’s best to enjoy the last few games of the Heat legend’s amazing playing career.