- Dion Waiters Sends Cryptic Message Which May Indicate Departure From Miami Heat
- Erik Spoelstra Imagines What Big 3 Could Have Been Had Miami Heat Drafted Jimmy Butler
- Pat Riley Says He’s Feeling Lucky About Adding Another Star to Miami Heat
- Jimmy Butler Reveals 5 Toughest Players He’s Ever Guarded in His Career
- Jimmy Butler Goes Off as He Calls Out Miami Heat’s Defense
- Report: Miami Heat to Offer Chris Silva 3-Year Deal
- Report: ‘Strong Sentiment’ Miami Heat Will Convert Chris Silva’s Deal to Standard Contract
- Kelly Olynyk on Tyler Herro: ‘He’s a Trained Killer and He’s Going Out There and Killing’
- Tyler Herro Says He and Kendrick Nunn 2 of Best Rookies This Season
- Erik Spoelstra Slams ‘Ridiculously Poor’ Defense in Miami Heat Loss to Brooklyn Nets
Dion Waiters Sends Cryptic Message Which May Indicate Departure From Miami Heat
- Updated: January 14, 2020
Waiters is in his fourth season with the Heat, though he’s yet to see any time on the court this year. That’s largely been connected to his off-the-court issues, which have involved three different suspensions by the team.
Adding even more mystery to the social media post is the fact that it was soon deleted after being posted.
The Heat have made repeated attempts to trade Waiters over the past year. However, the combination of his behavior, injury-plagued history and contract that runs through the 2020-21 season is seen as the key roadblock to making any deal.
There’s also the possibility that Waiters has come to terms with his situation and is now ready to contribute to the Heat. That scenario might not be forthcoming, since there’s no current indication exactly when the team might end up using him on the court.
If any deal does for Waiters occur this season, it will have to take place before next month’s trade deadline. That doesn’t appear to be likely unless the team is willing to either pay a good portion of his remaining salary or includes some current or future assets.
Until the mystery is uncovered, Waiters’ odd history with the Heat will continue.