- Report: Los Angeles Lakers want to face Miami Heat in NBA Finals
- Tom Thibodeau heaps praise on Pat Riley, looking to mimic Miami Heat culture with New York Knicks
- Report: Jimmy Butler didn’t like ‘lack of professionalism’ on Minnesota Timberwolves
- Paul Pierce throws massive shade at Tyler Herro for calling himself a ‘bucket’
- Dejected Bam Adebayo has harsh message for himself after Game 5 loss to Celtics
- Video: Jaylen Brown blows kiss to Miami Heat bench after making back-to-back 3s
- Video: Udonis Haslem seen ripping into Miami Heat players in 3rd quarter of Game 5
- Dwyane Wade speaks on how ‘personal’ LeBron James Lakers vs. Pat Riley Heat matchup would be
- Draymond Green latest NBA star to rave about Jimmy Butler’s style of leadership
- Video: Charles Barkley goes off on Shaquille O’Neal for comparing Goran Dragic to Chris Paul
Dion Waiters Sends Cryptic Message Which May Indicate Departure From Miami Heat
- Updated: January 14, 2020
Waiters is in his fourth season with the Heat, though he’s yet to see any time on the court this year. That’s largely been connected to his off-the-court issues, which have involved three different suspensions by the team.
Adding even more mystery to the social media post is the fact that it was soon deleted after being posted.
The Heat have made repeated attempts to trade Waiters over the past year. However, the combination of his behavior, injury-plagued history and contract that runs through the 2020-21 season is seen as the key roadblock to making any deal.
There’s also the possibility that Waiters has come to terms with his situation and is now ready to contribute to the Heat. That scenario might not be forthcoming, since there’s no current indication exactly when the team might end up using him on the court.
If any deal does for Waiters occur this season, it will have to take place before next month’s trade deadline. That doesn’t appear to be likely unless the team is willing to either pay a good portion of his remaining salary or includes some current or future assets.
Until the mystery is uncovered, Waiters’ odd history with the Heat will continue.