- C.J. McCollum clowns haters who have called Jimmy Butler a ‘bad teammate’
- Miami Heat’s Goran Dragic sends personal tribute to Tyler Herro after historic performance
- Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro now has top-selling jersey in NBA after Game 4 for the ages
- Stephen A. Smith makes bold statement about potential Miami Heat-Los Angeles Lakers finals matchup
- Report: Boston Celtics consider not drafting Jimmy Butler ‘most painful miss’ in recent history
- Tyler Herro ranks above LeBron James, Kevin Durant, Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard after Game 4
- Report: Boston Celtics front office let out ‘collective moan’ when Miami Heat drafted Tyler Herro
- Bam Adebayo explains huge role he played in convincing Miami Heat to draft Tyler Herro
- NBA Twitter erupts after Tyler Herro’s monster Game 4 performance vs. Boston Celtics
- Bam Adebayo shares update on wrist injury suffered in Game 4, gives status for Game 5
Dion Waiters Offers Mature, Level-Headed Response in Regards to Lack of Playing Time
- Updated: January 27, 2020
He scored 14 points in 18 minutes of playing time. Not long ago, it seemed Waiters’ time in a Heat jersey had all but come to an end.
Waiters has been suspended by the team on three different occasions this season. Despite the behavioral issues that caused those suspensions, the Heat organization opted to offer Waiters another opportunity.
So far, it seems he has taken it. Following his season debut, Waiters took full responsibility for his past actions.
“I’m a grown man,” he said. “I don’t point fingers. I could easily say this and that, but at the end of the day, it’s me. I made immature decisions. So, you know, I take full responsibility.”
However, that wasn’t all the veteran guard said. He also took the time to thank his family for their support during the difficult times.
“I’m not going to lie to you, man. My kids. My kids, my family, my support system is so strong,” Waiters said. “I’ve got a lot of good people in my life. You find that out when you go through them times. This is the first time I’ve been through something like this in my life. … I don’t feel like I lost anything, besides my money.”
It is unclear how much playing time Waiters can expect from here on out.
While injuries to the roster have been a near constant for the Heat this season, it will be fascinating to see where Waiters will end up on a fully healthy rotation.
In the end, all Waiters can do is control his own behavior.
Nevertheless, his sentiment when asked about whether he expects to play going forward was quite clear.
“Hopefully,” he said.