- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Channing Frye Insinuates Jobless Veteran More Deserving of Roster Spot Than Dion Waiters
- Updated: October 20, 2019
In the wake of Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters being suspended for opening night, a former NBA player has apparently dismissed Waiters while showing some support for a 19-year veteran who isn’t on any team’s roster right now.
Jamal Crawford https://t.co/V1MiTuxcEH
— Channing Frye (@channingfrye) October 19, 2019
Anthony was undoubtedly one of the league’s best players about a decade ago, as well as one of the more dynamic scorers in modern NBA history.
But his game declined precipitously while with the New York Knicks, causing then-team president Phil Jackson to publicly discuss the prospect of trading the former Syracuse University standout.
Anthony had spent the past two seasons with the Oklahoma City Thunder and Houston Rockets, but shot just 40.4 percent from the field during that span.
As of now, he is not on any NBA team’s roster, and apparently no squad has as much as reached out to him about a possible roster spot.