- Report: Miami Heat Have Interest in DeMarcus Cousins If Not Signed By Lakers
- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
Channing Frye Insinuates Jobless Veteran More Deserving of Roster Spot Than Dion Waiters
- Updated: October 20, 2019
In the wake of Miami Heat guard Dion Waiters being suspended for opening night, a former NBA player has apparently dismissed Waiters while showing some support for a 19-year veteran who isn’t on any team’s roster right now.
Jamal Crawford https://t.co/V1MiTuxcEH
— Channing Frye (@channingfrye) October 19, 2019
Anthony was undoubtedly one of the league’s best players about a decade ago, as well as one of the more dynamic scorers in modern NBA history.
But his game declined precipitously while with the New York Knicks, causing then-team president Phil Jackson to publicly discuss the prospect of trading the former Syracuse University standout.
Anthony had spent the past two seasons with the Oklahoma City Thunder and Houston Rockets, but shot just 40.4 percent from the field during that span.
As of now, he is not on any NBA team’s roster, and apparently no squad has as much as reached out to him about a possible roster spot.