- Video: Dwyane Wade hilariously catches Shaquille O’Neal snoring in astronaut helmet
- Bam Adebayo’s blunt 5-word assessment after brutal loss to Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat news: Jimmy Butler to miss 2nd straight game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Report: It’s no secret that Victor Oladipo has a desire to play for Miami Heat
- Report: NBA spokesman denies that Jimmy Butler rejected All-Star Game invitation
- Miami Heat provide injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat earn huge shout-out from Magic Johnson for improved play amid 6-game winning streak
- Jackie MacMullan on Miami Heat potentially making a move: ‘Pat [Riley] will do something’
- Report: Miami Heat and New York Knicks have interest in Victor Oladipo
- Chicago Bulls insider labels Miami Heat as potential destination for Thaddeus Young
Briante Weber Explains Extreme Lengths He Went to in Order to Rejoin Miami Heat
- Updated: September 22, 2018
“I reached out to the whole Heat coaching staff from top to bottom,” Weber said. “I reached out to [Heat vice president/player personnel] Adam Simon. I reached to [Erik Spoelstra] and [assistant], Dan Craig, even coach O [Octavio De La Grana]. I reached out to the whole coaching staff and told them my style of play fits here and you guys showed me how to be a pro.
“I want to come back here and pay dividends and show you what I’ve learned over the years and show you I belong. They gave me an opportunity so I am here to show them what I can do again.”
It seems his persistence made an impact. According to Weber, he heard back from the Heat in no time:
“It didn’t take very long — about two weeks. I stayed here for the summer so I was already here.”
Weber began his professional basketball career after going undrafted in the 2015 NBA Draft. Since going undrafted, he has played for the Heat, the Heat’s G League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce, Memphis Grizzlies, and more.
His career highlights include being named to the NBA D-League All-Star team and the All-NBA D-League Second Team in 2017.
Hopefully, Weber will be able to carve out a meaningful spot in the Heat’s rotation thanks to his strength on the defensive side and determination to make it in the NBA.