- Jimmy Butler Heaps Praise on Derrick Jones Jr.: ‘He’s So Fun to Be Around’
- Report: Miami Heat Make Players Wear Mouth Guards and Knee Pads Due to Intensity of Practices
- Derrick Jones Jr. Details Special Benefits of New Endorsement Deal With Puma
- Rapper Boosie Unleashes Disgusting, Hateful Rant About Dwayne Wade and His Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Ranks Himself, LeBron James and Chris Bosh in Terms of Talent
- Danny Ainge Says Ray Allen Joining Miami Will Affect Boston’s Decision to Retire His Jersey
- Volleyball Player Says She ‘Messed Up’ After Swerving Derrick Jones Jr. in Her DMs
- Bam Adebayo’s Confidence ‘Through the Roof’ After Impressive All-Star Weekend
- Report: Derrick Jones Jr. Lands Puma Deal After Slam Dunk Contest Win
- Report: Jimmy Butler ‘Angry’ He Wasn’t Inserted in 4th Quarter of All-Star Game
Briante Weber Explains Extreme Lengths He Went to in Order to Rejoin Miami Heat
- Updated: September 22, 2018
“I reached out to the whole Heat coaching staff from top to bottom,” Weber said. “I reached out to [Heat vice president/player personnel] Adam Simon. I reached to [Erik Spoelstra] and [assistant], Dan Craig, even coach O [Octavio De La Grana]. I reached out to the whole coaching staff and told them my style of play fits here and you guys showed me how to be a pro.
“I want to come back here and pay dividends and show you what I’ve learned over the years and show you I belong. They gave me an opportunity so I am here to show them what I can do again.”
It seems his persistence made an impact. According to Weber, he heard back from the Heat in no time:
“It didn’t take very long — about two weeks. I stayed here for the summer so I was already here.”
Weber began his professional basketball career after going undrafted in the 2015 NBA Draft. Since going undrafted, he has played for the Heat, the Heat’s G League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce, Memphis Grizzlies, and more.
His career highlights include being named to the NBA D-League All-Star team and the All-NBA D-League Second Team in 2017.
Hopefully, Weber will be able to carve out a meaningful spot in the Heat’s rotation thanks to his strength on the defensive side and determination to make it in the NBA.