- Report: Bradley Beal will be No. 1 target for Miami Heat if unable to land Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: Jimmy Butler offered Bam Adebayo part-owner stake in his coffee business for $2.5 million
- Precious Achiuwa reveals Tyler Herro reached out right after draft to invite him to workout
- Miami Heat unveil jaw-dropping ‘ViceVersa’ uniforms for upcoming season
- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
Briante Weber Explains Extreme Lengths He Went to in Order to Rejoin Miami Heat
- Updated: September 22, 2018
“I reached out to the whole Heat coaching staff from top to bottom,” Weber said. “I reached out to [Heat vice president/player personnel] Adam Simon. I reached to [Erik Spoelstra] and [assistant], Dan Craig, even coach O [Octavio De La Grana]. I reached out to the whole coaching staff and told them my style of play fits here and you guys showed me how to be a pro.
“I want to come back here and pay dividends and show you what I’ve learned over the years and show you I belong. They gave me an opportunity so I am here to show them what I can do again.”
It seems his persistence made an impact. According to Weber, he heard back from the Heat in no time:
“It didn’t take very long — about two weeks. I stayed here for the summer so I was already here.”
Weber began his professional basketball career after going undrafted in the 2015 NBA Draft. Since going undrafted, he has played for the Heat, the Heat’s G League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce, Memphis Grizzlies, and more.
His career highlights include being named to the NBA D-League All-Star team and the All-NBA D-League Second Team in 2017.
Hopefully, Weber will be able to carve out a meaningful spot in the Heat’s rotation thanks to his strength on the defensive side and determination to make it in the NBA.