- Pat Riley pays LeBron James ultimate compliment in wake of NBA Finals clash
- Pat Riley admits Bam Adebayo’s contract situation will be a ‘bit dicey’
- Rapper Jack Harlow releases official music video for hit single ‘Tyler Herro’
- Chris Bosh urges Miami Heat to not sacrifice Bam Adebayo to acquire Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Report: NBA 2K21 rewards Jimmy Butler with stunning player rating after playoff run
- New study identifies Miami Heat fans as most exciting team to follow in NBA
- Kendrick Perkins makes bold claim about Miami Heat’s Tyler Herro
- Report: Miami Heat insider breaks down how team could acquire Danilo Gallinari
- Report: Jimmy Butler amongst stars whose stock rose highest in NBA bubble
- Report: Miami Heat already locking in on their next promising draft prospect
Basketball Insider Estimates Exorbitant Amount of Money Dwyane Wade Has in Bank
- Updated: May 27, 2019
Wade declined those requests, in part because the 37-year-old future Hall of Famer appears to be financially set for the remainder of his life.
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) May 27, 2019
The milk reference was connected to the revelation last week by Wade’s wife, Gabrielle Union, that he was apparently under the impression that milk costs $20 per gallon. The comment was made in joking fashion, along with remarks about how he was amazed by everyday aspects of life such as a car wash.
Wade’s total basketball career earnings, according to HoopsHype, totaled just over $197 million over his 16 seasons. In 10 of those seasons, he earned more than $10 million per season, with his one season with the Chicago Bulls in 2016-17 garnering him a career-high $23.2 million.
Of course, that amount doesn’t include the millions per season that Wade earned in endorsements. Forbes magazine indicated that last year alone, he made $14 million from those extras.
Such riches help explain why Wade was willing to come back and play for one more season with the Heat while earning a veteran’s minimum salary of $2.39 million. His love of the game and his already sturdy finances allowed him to end his career with a flourish.