- Dwyane Wade Unveils His All-Time Starting 5 of Former Teammates
- Report: Miami Heat Expected to Trade Problematic Dion Waiters
- Kendrick Nunn Reveals Wisdom Dwyane Wade Imparted on Him in Los Angeles
- Report: Dion Waiters Panic Attack Has Been Disputed by Source With Direct Knowledge
- Kevin Durant Urges Dwyane Wade to Come Out of Retirement
- Chris Bosh Claims Kendrick Nunn Has Been Best Rookie in NBA Thus Far
- Report: Tyler Herro and Kelly Olynyk Questionable Tuesday vs. Detroit Pistons
- Report: No Buyout Coming for Dion Waiters, Miami Heat to Welcome Him Back Following Suspension
- Report: Miami Heat Provided Dion Waiters ‘Ample Opportunities’ to Redeem Himself
- Report: Miami Heat Teammate Gave Dion Waiters THC-Infused Gummy
Basketball Insider Estimates Exorbitant Amount of Money Dwyane Wade Has in Bank
- Updated: May 27, 2019
Wade declined those requests, in part because the 37-year-old future Hall of Famer appears to be financially set for the remainder of his life.
— Steve Kyler (@stevekylerNBA) May 27, 2019
The milk reference was connected to the revelation last week by Wade’s wife, Gabrielle Union, that he was apparently under the impression that milk costs $20 per gallon. The comment was made in joking fashion, along with remarks about how he was amazed by everyday aspects of life such as a car wash.
Wade’s total basketball career earnings, according to HoopsHype, totaled just over $197 million over his 16 seasons. In 10 of those seasons, he earned more than $10 million per season, with his one season with the Chicago Bulls in 2016-17 garnering him a career-high $23.2 million.
Of course, that amount doesn’t include the millions per season that Wade earned in endorsements. Forbes magazine indicated that last year alone, he made $14 million from those extras.
Such riches help explain why Wade was willing to come back and play for one more season with the Heat while earning a veteran’s minimum salary of $2.39 million. His love of the game and his already sturdy finances allowed him to end his career with a flourish.