- Tyler Johnson Seen Wearing Miami Heat Gear in Latest Workout
- Video: Tyler Herro Literally Spins Defender Out of Shoes in Scrimmage
- Miami Heat News: Bam Adebayo Wins Miami Pro League’s Summer MVP Award
- Several Miami Heat Players May Be Trying to Recruit John Wall via Instagram
- Miami Heat Rumors: Bam Adebayo’s Release From Team USA Was Not Basketball Related
- Dwyane Wade Gets Upset After Seeing His Wife Gabrielle Union Kiss Another Man
- Dion Waiters Reminds Tyler Herro to Say ‘F— It’ Amidst Low NBA 2K20 Overall Rating
- NBA Scout Thinks Miami Heat Could Miss Playoffs Even With Jimmy Butler
- Dwyane Wade Approves of Los Angeles Clippers’ Latest Addition
- Video: Justise Winslow Scrimmages With Several NBA Stars
Gabrielle Union Says Dwyane Wade Has Been Astounded by Old Navy, Car Washes, and Grocery Store
- Updated: May 24, 2019
Dwyane Wade is fresh off of a Hall of Fame NBA career.
However, just because he can do just about anything on the court, doesn’t mean he’s as effective off of it.
During a recent visit to “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” Wade’s wife Gabrielle Union described the first encounters her husband has had so far during retirement.
“He has no idea what’s happening,” Union said. “When he got into the NBA, he didn’t have any money, he was pretty close to poverty. Then he’s retired, and now he does okay for himself. But he’s like, ‘What is this place? There’s got all kinds of khaki shorts, and cargo shorts, and there’s all different colors.’ And I’m like, ‘That’s Old Navy.’
“He’s never been to a car wash and he’s like, ‘I love it there.’ I’m like, ‘The car wash?’ He has no idea how much milk costs. He’s like, ‘What is that, about 20 dollars?’ And I’m like, ‘What kind of goat’s blood milk are you?’ He’s like Rip Van Winkle, he is Rip Van Winkle. He has no idea.”
Union went on to say that Wade even found excitement in his very first trip to the veterinarian’s office.
It’s pretty hilarious and fascinating to hear about the mundane tasks that Wade is having first-time encounters with.
For Heat fans, it’s time to start heading to nearby Old Navy stores and car washes. Who knows, maybe they’ll meet the Miami legend enjoying one of his new favorite activities.