- Jason Williams Breaks His Silence, Proclaims LeBron James the G.O.A.T.
- Jae Crowder Praises Miami Heat Structure for Bringing Out Best in Their Players
- Udonis Haslem Doubles Down on Comments About Willing to Fight Michael Jordan
- Bam Adebayo Still Not Over Team USA Roster Cut as He Sends Strong Message to Critics
- Report: 12 Miami Heat Players Participated in Voluntary Workouts at AmericanAirlines Arena Today
- Boosie Badazz Stands Pat on Zaya Wade Comments: ‘I Ain’t Apologizing’
- Video: Udonis Haslem Showcases Incredible Portfolio of Businesses He Owns
- Udonis Haslem Says He Likely Would’ve Put Hands on Michael Jordan If He Played With Him
- Dwyane Wade Takes Offense to Being Known as ‘LeBron’s Teammate’ on Social Media
- Caron Butler Says LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Mocking Dirk Nowitzki Lost Them 2011 Finals
Gabrielle Union Says Dwyane Wade Has Been Astounded by Old Navy, Car Washes, and Grocery Store
- Updated: May 24, 2019
Dwyane Wade is fresh off of a Hall of Fame NBA career.
However, just because he can do just about anything on the court, doesn’t mean he’s as effective off of it.
During a recent visit to “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” Wade’s wife Gabrielle Union described the first encounters her husband has had so far during retirement.
“He has no idea what’s happening,” Union said. “When he got into the NBA, he didn’t have any money, he was pretty close to poverty. Then he’s retired, and now he does okay for himself. But he’s like, ‘What is this place? There’s got all kinds of khaki shorts, and cargo shorts, and there’s all different colors.’ And I’m like, ‘That’s Old Navy.’
“He’s never been to a car wash and he’s like, ‘I love it there.’ I’m like, ‘The car wash?’ He has no idea how much milk costs. He’s like, ‘What is that, about 20 dollars?’ And I’m like, ‘What kind of goat’s blood milk are you?’ He’s like Rip Van Winkle, he is Rip Van Winkle. He has no idea.”
Union went on to say that Wade even found excitement in his very first trip to the veterinarian’s office.
It’s pretty hilarious and fascinating to hear about the mundane tasks that Wade is having first-time encounters with.
For Heat fans, it’s time to start heading to nearby Old Navy stores and car washes. Who knows, maybe they’ll meet the Miami legend enjoying one of his new favorite activities.