- Video: Kyrie Irving successfully sneaks Bam Adebayo his jersey after Miami Heat-Brooklyn Nets game
- Udonis Haslem says Duncan Robinson is the best shooter he’s ever seen
- Report: Avery Bradley announces exact date he plans to return for Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat optimistic that Avery Bradley and Jimmy Butler will return by end of week
- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
Gabrielle Union Says Dwyane Wade Has Been Astounded by Old Navy, Car Washes, and Grocery Store
- Updated: May 24, 2019
Dwyane Wade is fresh off of a Hall of Fame NBA career.
However, just because he can do just about anything on the court, doesn’t mean he’s as effective off of it.
During a recent visit to “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” Wade’s wife Gabrielle Union described the first encounters her husband has had so far during retirement.
“He has no idea what’s happening,” Union said. “When he got into the NBA, he didn’t have any money, he was pretty close to poverty. Then he’s retired, and now he does okay for himself. But he’s like, ‘What is this place? There’s got all kinds of khaki shorts, and cargo shorts, and there’s all different colors.’ And I’m like, ‘That’s Old Navy.’
“He’s never been to a car wash and he’s like, ‘I love it there.’ I’m like, ‘The car wash?’ He has no idea how much milk costs. He’s like, ‘What is that, about 20 dollars?’ And I’m like, ‘What kind of goat’s blood milk are you?’ He’s like Rip Van Winkle, he is Rip Van Winkle. He has no idea.”
Union went on to say that Wade even found excitement in his very first trip to the veterinarian’s office.
It’s pretty hilarious and fascinating to hear about the mundane tasks that Wade is having first-time encounters with.
For Heat fans, it’s time to start heading to nearby Old Navy stores and car washes. Who knows, maybe they’ll meet the Miami legend enjoying one of his new favorite activities.