- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Gabrielle Union Says Dwyane Wade Has Been Astounded by Old Navy, Car Washes, and Grocery Store
- Updated: May 24, 2019
Dwyane Wade is fresh off of a Hall of Fame NBA career.
However, just because he can do just about anything on the court, doesn’t mean he’s as effective off of it.
During a recent visit to “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” Wade’s wife Gabrielle Union described the first encounters her husband has had so far during retirement.
“He has no idea what’s happening,” Union said. “When he got into the NBA, he didn’t have any money, he was pretty close to poverty. Then he’s retired, and now he does okay for himself. But he’s like, ‘What is this place? There’s got all kinds of khaki shorts, and cargo shorts, and there’s all different colors.’ And I’m like, ‘That’s Old Navy.’
“He’s never been to a car wash and he’s like, ‘I love it there.’ I’m like, ‘The car wash?’ He has no idea how much milk costs. He’s like, ‘What is that, about 20 dollars?’ And I’m like, ‘What kind of goat’s blood milk are you?’ He’s like Rip Van Winkle, he is Rip Van Winkle. He has no idea.”
Union went on to say that Wade even found excitement in his very first trip to the veterinarian’s office.
It’s pretty hilarious and fascinating to hear about the mundane tasks that Wade is having first-time encounters with.
For Heat fans, it’s time to start heading to nearby Old Navy stores and car washes. Who knows, maybe they’ll meet the Miami legend enjoying one of his new favorite activities.