- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
- Report: Victor Oladipo increasingly unlikely to receive ‘anything near’ maximum deal this offseason
- Kendrick Nunn shows he’s been fully vaccinated and exclaims COVID-19 ‘can kiss my a–‘
- Gabrielle Union dedicates lengthy, heartfelt tribute to DMX
- Report: Victor Oladipo will not travel with Miami Heat on upcoming road trip
- Report: Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem dragged into $160,000 eviction lawsuit over Miami pizzeria
Gabrielle Union Says Dwyane Wade Has Been Astounded by Old Navy, Car Washes, and Grocery Store
- Updated: May 24, 2019
Dwyane Wade is fresh off of a Hall of Fame NBA career.
However, just because he can do just about anything on the court, doesn’t mean he’s as effective off of it.
During a recent visit to “The Late Late Show with James Corden,” Wade’s wife Gabrielle Union described the first encounters her husband has had so far during retirement.
“He has no idea what’s happening,” Union said. “When he got into the NBA, he didn’t have any money, he was pretty close to poverty. Then he’s retired, and now he does okay for himself. But he’s like, ‘What is this place? There’s got all kinds of khaki shorts, and cargo shorts, and there’s all different colors.’ And I’m like, ‘That’s Old Navy.’
“He’s never been to a car wash and he’s like, ‘I love it there.’ I’m like, ‘The car wash?’ He has no idea how much milk costs. He’s like, ‘What is that, about 20 dollars?’ And I’m like, ‘What kind of goat’s blood milk are you?’ He’s like Rip Van Winkle, he is Rip Van Winkle. He has no idea.”
Union went on to say that Wade even found excitement in his very first trip to the veterinarian’s office.
It’s pretty hilarious and fascinating to hear about the mundane tasks that Wade is having first-time encounters with.
For Heat fans, it’s time to start heading to nearby Old Navy stores and car washes. Who knows, maybe they’ll meet the Miami legend enjoying one of his new favorite activities.