- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
- Report: Miami Heat list 11 players on injury report ahead of game vs. Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra refuses to use ‘fatigue’ as excuse for Miami Heat’s recent losses
- Video: Chris Silva obliterates Joel Embiid with nasty block during Heat-76ers game
- Here’s the ridiculous package the Rockets wanted from the Heat for James Harden
- Report: Duncan Robinson now eligible for bigger contract after meeting ‘starter criteria’
- Report: NBA executive pegs Miami Heat as potential destination for P.J. Tucker
- Report: Victor Oladipo still hopes to join Miami Heat despite trade to Houston Rockets
- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat still believe they should have won championship against Lakers
Bam Adebayo shares emotional story of growing up in trailer after earning max contract
- Updated: November 27, 2020
But he hasn’t forgotten his humble roots of growing up in a trailer.
He referenced those roots on social media in an emotional post.
Acre Station…76 Church Lane… My Imperfect/Perfect Home! The Green Trailer That Made Me Who I Am. The Sleepless Nights, The Nights I Slept Great, Through The Pain And Struggle. As Well As Through All The Great Times We Had. THANK YOU 💙#BounceBack #WeNotDoneYet pic.twitter.com/f8qLi4yAls
— 13am Adebayo💥 (@Bam1of1) November 25, 2020
Many NBA players come from humble beginnings only to blossom as star prospects and earn huge paydays upon entering the NBA.
However, Adebayo proved to be something of a late bloomer. He was solid while at the University of Kentucky, but was nothing close to a household name.
Since he was only the 14th pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, his first contract was not nearly as lucrative as those of some of the players who were chosen ahead of him.
But Adebayo proved to have great value and even greater potential this past season by earning his first trip to the NBA All-Star Game and playing a pivotal role in the Heat’s run to the 2020 NBA Finals.
With his unique skills, the sky seems like the limit for him right now.