- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
- LeBron James dedicates incredible 8-photo tribute to Dwyane Wade for his birthday
- Report: Miami Heat release injury report for Monday’s matchup vs. Detroit Pistons
- Jimmy Butler shares video of Dwyane Wade’s hilarious karaoke performance to celebrate his birthday
- James Harden salutes Dwyane Wade for inspiring message of support after Nets debut
- Bam Adebayo calls out teammates for not living up to Miami Heat culture after blowout loss
- Report: There appears to be ‘mutual interest’ between Miami Heat and Victor Oladipo
- Report: Miami Heat not willing to part with Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson and Precious Achiuwa for Bradley Beal
Bam Adebayo Reacts to News of NBA Suspending Season Due to Coronavirus
- Updated: March 12, 2020
On Wednesday, the NBA announced it was suspending its season until further notice after Utah Jazz center Rudy Gobert tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Miami Heat were one of the eight teams that completed their games before the suspension took effect, suffering a 109-98 loss to the Charlotte Hornets.
After the game, All-Star Bam Adebayo took to Twitter to express his thoughts on the suspension.
— 13am Adebayo? (@Bam1of1) March 12, 2020
Gobert’s positive result was reported shortly before Utah was to play the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday, which led officials to postpone the game.
Gobert was not at the arena, but he was in Oklahoma City and was expected to play in the game if he tested negative for the virus.
Earlier in the day, the NBA had reportedly decided to play games in empty arenas starting on Thursday.
However, due to the fact that the Jazz played five teams in the last 10 days, the league decided to suspend the remaining games to prevent the virus from spreading to other players, coaches and fans.
“The NBA is suspending gameplay following the conclusion of tonight’s schedule of games until further notice,” the league said in a statement. “The NBA will use this hiatus to determine the next steps for moving forward in regard to the coronavirus pandemic.”
After the suspension was announced, some players took to social media to express their concern for Gobert, while others asked their fans and followers to stay safe.
The NBA has not announced if the remaining games on the schedule will be played at a later date.