- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
- Dewayne Dedmon offers fantastic response when asked what he’s willing to do for Miami Heat
Trevor Ariza confidently states he’s ready to make Miami Heat debut vs. Indiana Pacers
- Updated: March 19, 2021
Miami Heat newcomer Trevor Ariza is ready to play for his new team against the Indiana Pacers on Friday.
Trevor Ariza says he is available and ready to play tonight vs. visiting Pacers.
— Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) March 19, 2021
Though he is ready, Ariza also admitted that the final decision is out of his hands.
Trevor Ariza on possibly playing tonight, "That decision is not up to me, but I am 100%, absolutely ready to play. If coach wants me to play, I'm ready."@5ReasonsSports
— Brady Hawk (@BradyHawk305) March 19, 2021
Ariza, 35, was traded from the Oklahoma City Thunder to the Heat on Wednesday.
While Ariza clearly wants to play on Friday night, he will have to wait for the Heat to give him the green light. The team ruled him out due to health and safety protocols on Thursday.
Furthermore, the Heat may want to bring Ariza into the action slowly.
The veteran has career averages of 10.5 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game. He last played for the Portland Trail Blazers.
The Heat hold a 22-19 record. They’ve won eight of their last 10 games.