- Report: Major update offered on when Jimmy Butler could return for Miami Heat
- Former Miami Heat forward reveals he’s been getting recurring death threats, fears being separated from daughter
- Udonis Haslem sends NSFW message about connection with James Harden
- Video: Security hilariously stops Bam Adebayo from swapping jerseys with Kyrie Irving
- Robin Lopez called out Miami Heat for being ‘thespians’ after Tyler Herro embellished contact
- Report: 3 Miami Heat players included in Team USA’s 2021 Olympic player pool
- Report: Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro and Avery Bradley will not join Miami Heat on road trip
- Report: Tyler Herro to miss Miami Heat’s next 3 games with latest injury
- Injury report released for Miami Heat’s Friday night game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Report: Miami Heat to use dogs to screen for COVID-19 as they begin welcoming fans back into arena
Best and Worst Case Scenarios for the 2015 Miami Heat
- Updated: November 6, 2014
Chris Bosh has returned to a starring role, and is off to a strong start averaging 24.2 points, 11.0 rebounds, and 2.8 assists on only 2.6 TO per game. Is this elite-level production here to stay? My prediction of 5-7 points within a 50-40-90 shooting season is well within reason at this early junction. After the first three games of the season, Bosh was shooting 48 percent from the field, 55 percent from three (!!), and 86 percent from the line. (He has since dropped off to 48-43-86.)
The recipient for Eastern Conference Player of the Week for the first week of the young season may be Miami’s only true bonafide (super?)star, but Bosh has a supporting cast that has been getting the job done. Dwyane Wade is at a healthy 18.6 PPG and finding ways to score, even if it involves banking in threes like he did on Sunday against the Toronto Raptors. Luol Deng, and Shawne Williams are also all in double-figures with points per game so far. The goal has been, and will be, to spread the attack (but look to CB first). Getting the occasional posterizing slam also helps too.
Heat fans are surely already whispering: what is our ceiling with this squad? I’m here to put this hot start within a ballpark, with their best and worst case scenarios.
Next: Best Case Scenario