- Report: Miami Heat ‘really want’ Washington Wizards superstar Bradley Beal
- Dwyane Wade celebrates Kamala Harris making history as first female vice president
- Katya Elise Henry shares adorable pictures to celebrate Tyler Herro’s birthday
- Report: Multiple players remain out for Miami Heat’s Wednesday game vs. Toronto Raptors
- Video: Udonis Haslem says Miami Heat trading for James Harden would’ve aged him ’15 years’
- Goran Dragic explains why he ripped into Miami Heat teammates during win over Detroit Pistons
- Erik Spoelstra applauds surprising aspect of Bam Adebayo’s game after dominant performance vs. Pistons
- Dwyane Wade’s kids grossed out by his provocative photo on Instagram
- Report: Miami Heat’s Monday game vs. Detroit Pistons mysteriously delayed
- Duncan Robinson offers message of strong leadership amidst Miami Heat’s 3-game losing streak
Five Adjustments the Miami Heat Must Make for Game 5
- Updated: April 26, 2016
The Miami Heat looked as if they were going to make quick work of the Charlotte Hornets after total domination in Games 1 and 2. Then the series moved to Charlotte and the Heat were carefully dismantled by Kemba Walker and company. Now the series is tied 2-2 as both teams head back to South Florida for a decisive Game 5 matchup. How can the Heat bounce back in the next game and prove to the world that they deserve to move on to the next round?
1. Get out in Transition
The Heat scored a total of zero fast-break points in Game 4. That is a serious problem. Though Miami is not a run-and-gun style team, it is disturbing that not a single point in fast-break transition was scored in Game 4. This is a sign of a team that is not moving fast enough, producing steals, or forcing turnovers.
Miami must get back to being the defensive juggernaut they were early on in the season and force the Hornets to make mistakes that can be capitalized upon. In the playoffs, games are often decided by a play or two and Miami must work harder to take advantage of each and every moment by playing lockdown defense, forcing Charlotte to make mistakes and bringing the heat (no pun intended) to the Hornets.
Next: Get Dwyane Wade Going