- Report: Miami Heat Delaying Chris Bosh’s Release for Two Key ReasonsPosted 9 hours ago
- Video: Goran Dragic Campaigns Erik Spoelstra for Coach of the YearPosted 12 hours ago
- Miami Heat vs. Toronto Raptors Game Recap: DeRozan Overpowers HeatPosted 21 hours ago
- Hassan Whiteside Says He Intends to Play Thursday vs. Toronto RaptorsPosted 2 days ago
- Miami Heat vs. Phoenix Suns Game Recap: Whiteside’s Historic NightPosted 3 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside to Receive Stitches After Suffering Hand LacerationPosted 3 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Hassan Whiteside Named Eastern Conference Player of the WeekPosted 4 days ago
- Report: Dion Waiters on Crutches, ‘Hoping’ to Return Before End of Regular SeasonPosted 5 days ago
- Miami Heat vs. Portland Trail Blazers Game Recap: Lillard’s Heroics Stifle HeatPosted 5 days ago
- Erik Spoelstra Offers Update on Status of Dion WaitersPosted 5 days ago
Miami Heat News: Mario Chalmers to Re-sign with Heat
- Updated: July 13, 2014
Only a couple hours after the Miami Heat signed Luol Deng, it looks like Pat Riley is at it again. Now, some of you are scratching your heads right now, while some of you may have a huge grin across your face, nevertheless the Heat have announced that they will re-sign Mario Chalmers to a two year contract.
Mario Chalmers is returning to the Miami Heat on a two-year deal, sources tell ESPN
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 13, 2014
With Miami’s now three-headed monster at the point guard position, it will essentially be a toss up between Mario Chalmers, Norris Cole, and Shabazz Napier for playing time. The re-signing of Chalmers is especially surprising to some after last year’s horrendous NBA Finals performance, which saw Chalmers average an abysmal 4.4 points and 2.8 assists on a lackluster 33.3% shooting percentage. Regardless, Mario Chalmers has been with the Heat his entire NBA career and although he may be infuriating at times, his superstar sized ego is what makes him an ice-cold player in big moments. On a side note, it looks like ‘Rio may be reverting back to his old #6 jersey thanks to the departure of LeBron James.
Chalmers back with Heat, which means he just might also get that No. 6 jersey back he let LeBron borrow for last 4 years. — Michael Wallace (@WallaceNBA_ESPN) July 13, 2014
We would like to officially welcome back Mario Chalmers to Heat Nation!
Proud to say I’m back wit the heat. Heat nation we still here
— Mario Chalmers (@mchalmers15) July 13, 2014