- How Goran Dragic Has Emerged as the Heat’s Undisputed LeaderPosted 11 hours ago
- Miami Heat News: Tim Hardaway Named Finalist for Basketball Hall of FamePosted 2 days ago
- Video: Former Heat Point Guard Jason Williams Brings Out Elbow Pass During All-Star Celebrity GamePosted 3 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Shane Battier to Join Heat’s Front Office as ExecutivePosted 4 days ago
- Miami Heat vs. Houston Rockets Game Recap: Houston, You Have a ProblemPosted 5 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Josh Richardson Expected to Return After All-Star BreakPosted 6 days ago
- Miami Heat vs. Orlando Magic Game Recap: Furious Comeback Falls ShortPosted 7 days ago
- Dwyane Wade: Miami Heat Is Still My OrganizationPosted 1 week ago
- Miami Heat vs. Philadelphia 76ers Game Recap: All Good Things Must Come to an EndPosted 1 week ago
- Goran Dragic Boldly Compares James Johnson to LeBron JamesPosted 1 week ago
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Danny Granger and Josh McRoberts
- Updated: July 7, 2014
The Miami Heat have finally decided to make some noise in the free agency department as we have now learned that Danny Granger has agreed to a two-year deal with the Miami Heat worth $4.2 million.
Free agent Danny Granger has agreed to a two-year, $4.2 million deal with the Miami Heat, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) July 7, 2014
Although a bit injury-ridden for the latter part of his career, Granger is just the sharpshooter that the Heat need after losing Mike Miller last year and Shane Battier (and possibly Ray Allen) this year. Throughout his career Granger has averaged 17.4 points while adding almost two threes a game.
In addition to sharpshooting Granger, Miami has also heard word from power forward Josh McRoberts who has verbally committed to Miami according to Marc Stein of ESPN.
ESPN learned that Josh McRoberts has verbally committed to sign with the Miami Heat
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 7, 2014
McRoberts will bring toughness and grit to a so-far depleted Miami team, much like that of a Chris “Birdman” Andersen.