- Dwyane Wade Addresses His Free Agency Status This SummerPosted 16 hours ago
- An Inside Look at the Miami Heat’s Grueling Practice CulturePosted 2 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Heat Release 2017-18 Home Preseason SchedulePosted 3 days ago
- Miami Heat Fans Make It Clear They Don’t Want Carmelo AnthonyPosted 3 days ago
- Dion Waiters Talks About Epic Conversation He Had With Kevin Durant Before Beating WarriorsPosted 5 days ago
- Pat Riley Reveals Why He Didn’t Fight to Keep Dwyane Wade in MiamiPosted 5 days ago
- Five Reasons Erik Spoelstra Deserves to Win NBA Coach of the YearPosted 6 days ago
- Video: Dion Waiters Shows Off Hilarious Part of New Weight Loss RoutinePosted 7 days ago
- ESPN Insider Predicts How Much Money James Johnson Could Earn in Free AgencyPosted 1 week ago
- Pat Riley Speaks on Who He’d Like to Bring Back for 2017-18 SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
Miami Heat News: Heat Sign Center Keith Benson to Training Camp Deal
- Updated: September 23, 2016
The Miami Heat announced today they have signed center Keith Benson to a training camp deal, reaching the NBA preseason roster limit of 20 players.
Benson, 28, served on the Heat’s NBA Development League affiliate Sioux Falls Skyforce last season. The 6’11” center played in 49 games with the Skyforce, putting up 13.8 points, 7.5 rebounds and 1.57 blocks a game. Benson was even named a 2016 D-League All-Star.
Although it is a longshot for Benson to make the team, the No. 48 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft will get more exposure to the NBA atmosphere. Despite being in the league for five years, Benson has only played in three regular season games, all with the Golden State Warriors.
The news of the journeyman’s signing comes hours after the Heat released a heartbreaking statement saying that veteran Chris Bosh has not been cleared for the team’s training camp due to a failed physical.