- Dwyane Wade Addresses His Free Agency Status This SummerPosted 17 hours ago
- An Inside Look at the Miami Heat’s Grueling Practice CulturePosted 2 days ago
- Miami Heat News: Heat Release 2017-18 Home Preseason SchedulePosted 3 days ago
- Miami Heat Fans Make It Clear They Don’t Want Carmelo AnthonyPosted 3 days ago
- Dion Waiters Talks About Epic Conversation He Had With Kevin Durant Before Beating WarriorsPosted 5 days ago
- Pat Riley Reveals Why He Didn’t Fight to Keep Dwyane Wade in MiamiPosted 5 days ago
- Five Reasons Erik Spoelstra Deserves to Win NBA Coach of the YearPosted 6 days ago
- Video: Dion Waiters Shows Off Hilarious Part of New Weight Loss RoutinePosted 7 days ago
- ESPN Insider Predicts How Much Money James Johnson Could Earn in Free AgencyPosted 1 week ago
- Pat Riley Speaks on Who He’d Like to Bring Back for 2017-18 SeasonPosted 2 weeks ago
Las Vegas Releases Miami Heat’s 2016-17 Total Wins Prediction
- Updated: September 22, 2016
The Miami Heat did not have a great summer in the eyes of many NBA analysts around the country. The loss of Dwyane Wade, the uncertainty of Chris Bosh‘s health, and the addition of career journeymen like Derrick Williams and Wayne Ellington in the offseason did little to shore up confidence.
The Westgate SuperBook in Las Vegas posted its 2016-17 win totals on Tuesday. They have the Golden State Warriors, coming off a record 73-win season, as the favorite to repeat its regular-season dominance with an over/under win total of 66.5.
The Heat won 48 games last year, but have its over/under win total at 36.5. Here is the rest of the Eastern Conference for comparison:
New York 38.5
In the Eastern Conference there are 11 teams with projected win totals above the Heat. Since making the playoffs will be a good benchmark of success for the Heat in the post-Wade era, the team will have some work to do this season to prove the oddsmakers wrong.