- Dwyane Wade defends Nate Robinson after Gilbert Arenas’ message goes viral
- Report: Miami Heat sign Max Strus to training camp deal
- Miami Heat rising star Tyler Herro favored to win 2 NBA awards next season
- Andre Iguodala predicts former Golden State Warriors teammate to win MVP
- Bam Adebayo must achieve one major goal to be paid full supermax contract
- Jae Crowder demands huge request from Miami Heat after bidding farewell
- Bam Adebayo makes epic announcement after he officially signs extension with Miami Heat
- Pat Riley speaks out on Bam Adebayo officially signing 5-year, max rookie contract
- Dwyane Wade recounts him and Jimmy Butler losing $50K to Rajon Rondo, other teammates while gambling
- Precious Achiuwa reveals he was ‘probably the biggest’ Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo fan last season
Why Duncan Robinson’s Agent Told Him to Sign With Miami Heat Over Other NBA Teams
- Updated: December 16, 2019
Robinson received a two-way contract to play for the Heat last year. They then signed him to a two-year standard contract last April.
During an episode of “Woj & Lowe,” ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski said that it was Miami’s history of developing players that swayed agent Jason Glushon to direct his client to South Beach.
“Over the last 15 years, the ability to go out and find players that were overlooked, undervalued, all over the world, the Miami Heat, the San Antonio Spurs,” Wojnarowski observed. “Kendrick Nunn out of the G League, Duncan Robinson, who was a Division III player, then transfers to Michigan, undrafted.
“And why did his agent choose Miami when he had some other offers? Because of their history of developing players. When there’s a guy like that, the agents, it becomes a magnet.”
Robinson is one of the most league’s most improved players this season.
One season ago, he was averaging just 3.3 points per game in his rookie year. Now, he’s putting up 11.6 points a night and is one of the team’s top three-point shooters at 44.0 percent.
Against the Atlanta Hawks last week, Robinson drilled a franchise-record tying 10 3-pointers for the game while missing only four shots from downtown.
He also registered a career-high 34 points in 43 minutes of playing time.