- Video: Bam Adebayo pissed at Dwyane Wade for taking forever to respond to texts
- Dwyane Wade: ‘If you don’t like D. Rose, something is wrong with you’
- Miami Heat release crucial injury report for Tuesday’s game vs. Boston Celtics
- Victor Oladipo issues emphatic 1-word response to Russell Westbrook becoming all-time triple-double leader
- Report: Miami Heat fans should be ‘surprised’ if they see Victor Oladipo soon
- Bam Adebayo believes Miami Heat still don’t know how to properly close games
- Report: Duncan Robinson could get contract worth $20M per year in free agency
- Report: Multiple members of Miami Heat organization have ‘raved’ about Dewayne Dedmon
- Report: Miami Heat update Andre Iguodala’s status for game vs. Boston Celtics
- Report: Boston Celtics issue major injury update on Jaylen Brown ahead of game vs. Miami Heat
Udonis Haslem Sends Miami Heat Fans Touching Salute After Incredible Season
- Updated: April 29, 2019
While the Miami Heat’s 2018-19 season fell short of a playoff berth, there were a host of memories that was fueled by the support of the team’s fan base.
Recognizing that particular aspect, the team offered a video of veteran and team captain Udonis Haslem giving sincere thanks to fans for their dedication and support during a campaign in which Heat legend Dwyane Wade offered a long goodbye.
“Hey Heat fans, it’s your captain, Udonis Haslem,” said Haslem. “Thank you guys for all your love this year, it was an amazing ride. So much memories, so much love. Obviously, my boy’s ‘Last Dance,’ it was amazing to be part of it. I’m just so thankful you were able to make it a memorable season for me, a memorable season for our team and also a memorable season for Dwyane. Thank you guys, love you.”
Haslem’s own time on the court during this past season was limited, seeing just 74 minutes of action over his 10 game appearances. However, the 16-year veteran once again served as an invaluable presence in the Heat locker room, a chief reason why he was tabbed as one of the team’s captains.
Presently, Haslem is undecided about returning for a 17th year in the NBA, though Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra expressed hope that the veteran and Miami native will decide to come back. One report earlier this month indicated that Haslem and his family would like to see a farewell tribute similar to the one that his close friend Wade received.
Regardless of whether or not he does return, the Heat will definitely make sure that Haslem’s contributions to the franchise are recognized.