- Report: Miami Heat ‘internally has discussed’ DeMarcus Cousins, Blake Griffin and Rudy Gay, among others
- Report: Goran Dragic to make long-awaited return tonight vs. Toronto Raptors
- Dwyane Wade issues beautiful message to Tiger Woods after horrific car accident
- Report: Miami Heat offer impactful update on statuses of Goran Dragic and Tyler Herro
- P.J. Tucker reacts in shock to Bam Adebayo’s All-Star Game snub
- Dwyane Wade leaves Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler off his All-Star reserves list
- Report: Miami Heat granted sizable disabled player exception due to Meyers Leonard’s season-ending injury
- Bam Adebayo makes it clear that he wants to become 2-time All-Star this season
- Udonis Haslem fires scathing NSFW shots at Colin Cowherd after he disrespects Miami Heat
- Miami Heat members gush over Bam Adebayo’s leadership this season: ‘You definitely hear his voice now’
Udonis Haslem Sends Miami Heat Fans Touching Salute After Incredible Season
- Updated: April 29, 2019
While the Miami Heat’s 2018-19 season fell short of a playoff berth, there were a host of memories that was fueled by the support of the team’s fan base.
Recognizing that particular aspect, the team offered a video of veteran and team captain Udonis Haslem giving sincere thanks to fans for their dedication and support during a campaign in which Heat legend Dwyane Wade offered a long goodbye.
“Hey Heat fans, it’s your captain, Udonis Haslem,” said Haslem. “Thank you guys for all your love this year, it was an amazing ride. So much memories, so much love. Obviously, my boy’s ‘Last Dance,’ it was amazing to be part of it. I’m just so thankful you were able to make it a memorable season for me, a memorable season for our team and also a memorable season for Dwyane. Thank you guys, love you.”
Haslem’s own time on the court during this past season was limited, seeing just 74 minutes of action over his 10 game appearances. However, the 16-year veteran once again served as an invaluable presence in the Heat locker room, a chief reason why he was tabbed as one of the team’s captains.
Presently, Haslem is undecided about returning for a 17th year in the NBA, though Heat head coach Erik Spoelstra expressed hope that the veteran and Miami native will decide to come back. One report earlier this month indicated that Haslem and his family would like to see a farewell tribute similar to the one that his close friend Wade received.
Regardless of whether or not he does return, the Heat will definitely make sure that Haslem’s contributions to the franchise are recognized.