- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
- Report: Miami Heat release injury update on Jimmy Butler after scary moment vs. Phoenix Suns
- Ja Morant expresses no sympathy for Miami Heat having to play 8 games in 12 days
- Report: Miami Heat will have interest in Mike Conley this offseason
- Dwyane Wade unveils reason why Erik Spoelstra benched him after he dropped 50 points in 3 quarters
- Dwyane Wade honored that Kobe Bryant paid him one-of-a-kind compliment in his book
- Jimmy Butler on why Miami Heat’s defense has been elite: ‘We got rid of Derrick Jones Jr.’
- Report: Kendrick Nunn partners with NBPA to help single fathers in Chicago
- Report: Victor Oladipo to seek specialist’s evaluation regarding timetable for knee injury
- Erik Spoelstra declines to answer whether Victor Oladipo will play for Miami Heat again this season
Video: Udonis Haslem Taunts Hawks Fans as He Denies Them Free Food
- Updated: April 5, 2018
Miami Heat veteran Udonis Haslem doesn’t see much time on the court, but still manages to provide invaluable leadership to his teammates. In one of his rare forays onto the court on Wednesday night, he managed to make himself the center of attention in the closing seconds of the Heat’s blowout road win over the Atlanta Hawks by simply making a free throw.
The Hawks have a promotion in which fans at the game receive free food from Chick-fil-A, the Georgia-based fast food giant, if an opposing player misses consecutive free throws during the fourth quarter. With just 17.4 seconds remaining in a game and the Heat leading by 30 points, many fans might have been excused for having departed much sooner. However, Haslem went to the foul line and proceeded to miss his first free-throw attempt, heightening the excitement of his next effort.
As the video shows, Haslem’s next free throw went in and frustrated fans that had a hankering for some chicken. Haslem managed to twist the knife a little more by gesturing to them after making his shot, with his teammates enthusiastically cheering his success.
Later, Haslem took to social media, using that same video to revel in the moment:
While Haslem and the Heat have clinched their spot in the upcoming playoffs, they enter the final week of regular-season play with a precarious half-game lead for the sixth seed over two teams entering Thursday night’s action. Both the Washington Wizards and Milwaukee Bucks could potentially relegate the Heat to the eighth and final seed, which makes the team’s final three games important.