- Jimmy Butler says Miami Heat aren’t intimidated by any team: ‘I like our chances against anybody’
- Report: Miami Heat sign promising big man to fill final roster spot for rest of season
- Report: Victor Oladipo could miss entire 2021-22 season after quadriceps surgery
- Report: Luxury watch brand announces exciting new partnership with Miami Heat star Jimmy Butler
- Bam Adebayo’s NSFW reaction to Udonis Haslem getting ejected after altercation with Dwight Howard
- Udonis Haslem’s hilarious comments after getting ejected: ‘I was planning on talking way more s–t’
- Video: Udonis Haslem gets ejected after getting into physical altercation with Dwight Howard
- Report: Miami Heat update Jimmy Butler’s status for crucial game vs. Philadelphia 76ers
- Goran Dragic explains what Miami Heat backcourt must do now with Victor Oladipo out for season
- Miami Heat news: Victor Oladipo to have season-ending surgery
Video: Miami Heat Players Participate in Epic Remy Workouts Pickup Game
- Updated: August 29, 2018
With less than one month remaining in the offseason, members of the Miami Heat are continuing to prepare for another season. In the case of three particular members of the team, that effort was being made as part of a Remy Workouts pickup game.
The Heat trio consisted of center Hassan Whiteside, guard Tyler Johnson and guard Derrick Jones Jr., with video of a pickup game giving basketball-hungry fans a chance to see the threesome and other NBA players compete:
Each of the three Miami players appears to look much different than he did when the season ended in a quick five-game playoff exit. Whiteside, who battled injuries last season, appears to be showing no signs of those past issues, while Johnson also appears to have recovered from shoulder concerns that limited his effectiveness. Finally, Jones is expanding his game when it comes to better shooting and ball-handling skills.
“Remy firmly believes that balance and footwork are the vital components to success on the basketball court. We ensure that these components are incorporated into everything we do with our athletes. Focused training is the best means for a player to achieve significant and lasting improvement on the basketball court.”
In the case of Whiteside and Johnson, the hoped-for improvement may help to reduce the Heat’s reported interest in trading them away. It may also offer Jones the opportunity to make his status within the NBA more viable.