- Dwyane Wade Responds to Damian Lillard’s Clutch Performance With Warning to Haters
- Report: Miami Heat List Numerous Key Players on Injury Report vs. Indiana Pacers
- David Fizdale Reveals What Dwyane Wade Told LeBron James After Losing 2011 Finals
- Indiana Pacers Star Offers Bold Message About Beating Miami Heat in Upcoming Playoff Series
- Duncan Robinson Pays Tribute to ‘Real One’ Jimmy Butler for Truck-Sticking Chris Paul
- Jimmy Butler on Tyler Herro: ‘He Wants to Bring a Championship to Miami’
- Jimmy Butler Explains Why He Truck Sticked Chris Paul During Heat-Thunder Game
- Report: Indiana Pacers Forward T.J. Warren Dealing With Significant Injury
- Chris Bosh Reacts to Historic News of Joe Biden Selecting Kamala Harris as Running Mate
- Report: Miami Heat’s 1st Round Playoff Opponent Officially Set
Video: LeBron James Talks About Side of Dwyane Wade That’s ‘Out of This World’
- Updated: December 11, 2018
Most of us only know Wade the basketball player, but James knows Wade the person as well as anyone.
James spoke to reporters following Monday night’s emotional affair and he couldn’t say enough about Wade as a father and person:
“Zaire, I think he’s a junior in high school, I believe. That’s my nephew so [Wade] gave me advice. One thing we don’t talk about enough is how he gained custody of his kids. You know, African-American man gaining custody of his sons. We talk about the other stories so much, but we never talk about that side. Him gaining custody of his kids while being a professional athlete, like, that’s out of this world.”
Just as reporters thought James was finished and were preparing to ask the next question, he told them he wasn’t done talking about his friend:
“I’m not done. I’m not done. We need to talk about more of the positives and what D-Wade has done, not only for his boys, not only for the city of Miami, not only for this league, not only for Marquette and Robbins, Illinois. It’s just, he’s a legend. Let’s not deny it.
James and Wade clearly share a special bond that transcends basketball. Their final matchup was emotional on the court and that carried over to James’ postgame comments.
Wade is an outstanding person and that’s a huge part of the reason he is receiving such a warm welcome everywhere he goes this season. He’s a tremendous player, but what he does for his family and the community is what truly sets him apart. He deserves all the praise he receives during his final season.