- Report: Miami Heat interested in Moe Wagner if he clears waivers
- Report: Dwyane Wade not allowed to be part of Jazz’s basketball operations while working as TNT analyst
- Micky Arison admits he’s ‘disappointed’ Dwyane Wade decided not to join Miami Heat ownership
- Report: Dwyane Wade previously said he ‘would love’ to join Miami Heat ownership group
- Report: Dwyane Wade purchases ownership stake in Utah Jazz
- Bam Adebayo discloses how Udonis Haslem forced him to speak up in huddle so he could learn to lead Miami Heat
- Bam Adebayo admits he still talks ‘s–t’ to Jayson Tatum about monster block in last year’s playoffs
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Kevin Durant investing in company that grew from $1.6 billion to $100 billion
- Report: Isaiah Thomas receiving interest from Miami Heat, Boston Celtics and Milwaukee Bucks
- Dwyane Wade unveils conversations he’s had with Paul George about his playoff mishaps
Video: LeBron James Says Dwyane Wade Could Do Things Anthony Davis Isn’t Capable of
- Updated: August 20, 2020
The Los Angeles Lakers evened their first-round series against the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday night with a resounding 111-88 victory.
Star forward Anthony Davis led the way with 31 points on 13-of-21 shooting and added 11 rebounds.
“I’ve had the luxury of playing with some great players.”
LeBron discusses playing alongside strong teammates after AD’s 31-point performance in Game 2. pic.twitter.com/4mGk271Rms
— NBA TV (@NBATV) August 21, 2020
“I’ve had some great teammates in my career,” James said. “A.D. is one of those unicorns. And he does things that some of my other great teammates are not capable of doing.
“But in the same sense, I’ve played with Dwyane Wade, he could do some things that A.D. is not capable of doing.”
While James clearly appreciates both players, it is clear Wade will always have a soft spot in his heart.
After all, the duo won back-to-back titles together with the Heat in 2012 and 2013.
Wade and James are also close friends off the court and ended up teaming up shortly in Cleveland later in Wade’s career.
Davis is a great costar to have, but James would be hard-pressed to name a teammate that he’s had that was more talented than Wade.
A three-time NBA champion, Wade finished his career averaging 22.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 5.4 assists per game.