- Isaiah Thomas says he’s ready to sign with Miami Heat if ‘they wit it’
- Udonis Haslem offers NSFW response to haters saying Heat’s bubble run was a ‘fluke’
- Report: Precious Achiuwa’s rookie deal with Miami Heat worth $12.5 million
- Report: Bam Adebayo’s extension doesn’t close the door on Miami Heat landing Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Avery Bradley reveals why he’s a ‘perfect fit’ for the Miami Heat
- Report: People around the league consider the Miami Heat making it to the NBA Finals a ‘fluke’
- Video: 2-time All-Star free agent seen working out in Miami Heat shorts
- Bam Adebayo comments on Giannis Antetokounmpo’s uncertain future
- Dwyane Wade reacts to Bam Adebayo’s massive contract extension
- Moe Harkless reveals most important factor that led him to sign with Miami Heat
Kevin Garnett Explains How He Cussed Out Pat Riley After Being Doubted During Pre-Draft Workout
- Updated: June 29, 2020
In Garnett’s upcoming Showtime documentary, he revealed Riley was upset he had to watch a high school workout before the big man vehemently proved him wrong.
KG was drafted 25 years ago today by the Minnesota Timberwolves.
He once told Pat Riley “F*ck you mean, why you in here?” during a workout.
— Randy Cruz (@randyjcruz) June 28, 2020
“You don’t know why you’re here?” Garnett quipped at Riley during the workout. “Motherf—–, f— you mean, ‘Why you in here?'”
Garnett, 44, is one of the best power forwards in NBA history.
In addition, the tenacious beast is one of the best players to ever go straight from high school to the NBA.
Over the course of his career, Garnett averaged 17.8 points, 10.0 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game. Along the way, he picked up an MVP award, captured a championship and acquired a Defensive Player of the Year award.
As for Riley and Garnett, they found themselves on the opposite ends of rivalries over the last couple of decades. Most notably, Riley’s Heat and Garnett’s Boston Celtics clashed in the playoffs multiple times.
In 2012, the Heat stung the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals in seven games. The captivating victory broke up the Celtics’ Big 3 of Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen.
After the Heat won the championship in 2012, Riley snatched Allen in free agency. The move forever made Garnett irate, especially after the Heat captured a title again in 2013 with Allen’s assistance.