- Chris Paul Reveals Time When He, LeBron James and Dwyane Wade Almost Teamed Up
- J.R. Smith Predicts Miami Heat Will Meet Los Angeles Lakers in NBA Finals
- Report: Jimmy Butler Questionable for Wednesday’s Game vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Bam Adebayo Joins Charles Barkley, Hakeem Olajuwon and Chris Webber With Masterful Performance
- 50 Cent Sparks Controversy After Sharing Tasteless Meme About Dwyane Wade’s Daughter
- Dwyane Wade Applauds Sabrina Ionescu’s ‘Unreal’ Accomplishment
- Bam Adebayo on Heat’s Embarrassing Loss to Cavs: ‘It Can’t Get Worse Than This’
- Miami Heat News: Biscayne Boulevard to Be Renamed Dwyane Wade Boulevard
- Dwyane Wade Dedicates Social Media Post to Kobe Bryant
- Report: Udonis Haslem May Return Next Season to Continue to Mentor Miami Heat
Video: J.R. Smith Goes After Rodney McGruder, Dion Waiters at End of Heat-Cavs Game
- Updated: March 4, 2017
The Cleveland Cavaliers were blown out by the Miami Heat Saturday night, 120-92. Hours before game time, Cleveland head coach Tyronn Lue opted so sit LeBron James and Kyrie Irving for the night, which seemed to irk the Heat, as they really put it on the Cavs in this one.
Towards the end of the game, Rodney McGruder wrapped things up by dunking emphatically over Cavs forward Channing Frye, which Frye seemed to take exception to, because the pair got into it from there. J.R. Smith, who’s been inactive since December with a thumb injury, got involved as well.
The injured sharpshooter began jawing at McGruder from the bench in defense of his teammate, which resulted in both benches clearing. Smith, McGruder and Heat guard Dion Waiters all had to be restrained before the incident could get physical.
This incident will certainly make things a bit more interesting when these two teams go at it again in Cleveland on Monday.