- Report: Miami Heat schedule an interview with Duke’s Tre Jones
- Several signs pointing to Heat big man Meyers Leonard leaving Miami
- Report: Miami Heat have Paul Millsap and Wesley Matthews ‘on their radar’
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge might be a trade target for the Miami Heat
- Report: Miami Heat are No. 1 on Victor Oladipo’s list if he leaves Indiana Pacers
- Here’s how Kawhi Leonard joining the Miami Heat would become a ‘possibility’
- Here’s what Philadelphia 76ers would ‘very likely’ demand from Miami Heat for Joel Embiid
- Report: Miami Heat have ‘admiration’ for Paul George’s game as big free agency looms
- Video: Mike Tyson confronts Boosie Badazz over derogatory comments about Dwyane Wade’s transgender daughter
- Report: Miami Heat showing interest in promising young guard from Alabama
Video: Hassan Whiteside Hilariously Pitches Free Agents on Coming to Miami
- Updated: July 2, 2017
The NBA offseason has been crazy so far and Gordon Hayward is the biggest star still left on the market. The Miami Heat, who met with Hayward on Saturday, are competing with the Boston Celtics and the Utah Jazz to land the star small forward.
The Heat’s star center Hassan Whiteside is doing his part to help the effort. He, along with teammates Udonis Haslem and James Johnson, joined the Heat front office to welcome Hayward at American Airlines Arena on Saturday. Miami even delayed the arrivals of assistant coaches Chris Quinn and Juwan Howard to Orlando for the start of Summer League, keeping them back in South Florida for the meeting.
After the meeting, Whiteside took to Snapchat to continue recruiting free agents to the sunny city of Miami.
Whiteside has a message for free agents ?
(via youngwhiteside/Snapchat) pic.twitter.com/IK1lofvs9V
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) July 2, 2017
“I don’t know about y’all, but if I’m a free agent ain’t nothing like bringing the kids to the beach after practice” said Whiteside.
Hayward, who has two small girls, is scheduled to meet with Boston on Sunday and Utah on Monday before he makes his decision.